Topic: RME Fireface 400 not connecting - Mac

Hi,

my fireface 400 just stopped work before a gig.. i have now installed the latest driver driver_fw_mac_335, but i cant instal Fireface flash update. I was trying on OSX Sierra, didnt work. Then update my system to OSX High Sierra, still its not possible.

It shows  Error:
No Fireface driver or device installed.

But i just did. Also the interface is connected via fireware cable with adapter to thunderbolt.

Can you please help?

Re: RME Fireface 400 not connecting - Mac

And you use an external power suppy with the FF400? It won't work without on TB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, yes i do. Original one.

Now, i have hust tried my friend's fireface 800, and it is connecting ok. My FF400 unfortunetely still nothing sad

i have alredy tried different cable... no difference.

It might be some problem with the firewire 400 maybe and OSX?

Did you try the other FW socket? And the power supply might still be defective. Otherwise the FW port itself might be defective.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Following this

I am running Mac with High Sierra. I have almost the same issue since during the last 2 months.

I use external PSU with FW adapter

1. Start up computer => not detecting Fireface400

2a. Not restart but just unplug the PSU and plug it in again (shutting off FF400)  the computer is detecting it.

or...

2b Restart computer Fireface is detected

So everytime I am in the studio I need to either restart the computer or unplugging the PSU

Hi again,

I can now confirm that it was the power supply. Now changed and everything works great!

Thank you for you input.

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my FF400, my MBP is not recognising the FF.

Ive tried both FW ports, using external power and bus power. Ive used this unit for years with no issues and only in the last couple of months its stopped working. I've had other sound cards to use in the meantime but would like to get this sorted as it is for my live shows.

I updated the driver to 335 and nothing, same as inempav and Polarman - No Fireface driver or device installed.

unlike Polarman unplugging and replugging or restarting does nothing.

ive got the original power supply but have never used it so don't think it would be old or worn as it gets power to the unit and also gets power via FW but no connection.

the unit still works as stand alone as in signal path still works.

It was working for a gig i did and then the next time i went to use it it wasn't working.

my comp is 2011 MBP running sierra.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated