Topic: Digiface USB headphone output to powered monitors?

I've just placed an order of a Digiface USB interface and i'm not sure about the specs of the headphones out, so i hope someone can help me understand a few things about this:

a) Can i connect my powered monitors straight to this output and control the volume from the RME mixer?
My monitors have XLR balanced connection only (no TRS/TS or RCA unbalanced option).

b) What cable should i buy? TRS to dual XLR balanced cable? does it matters if the cable is balanced or unbalanced? is there a difference in gain if i get a balanced or unbalanced cable?

c) Is there an option in the RME setup app to make this output a line level output with fixed unity gain and to disable the volume fader?

Re: Digiface USB headphone output to powered monitors?

a) The specs are in the handbook chapter 25, its a unbalanced output.
c) no its an unbalanced output

Not sure whether its possible from cabling perspective to connect a balanced monitor to an unblanced output.
Maybe.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Digiface USB headphone output to powered monitors?

You need an insert cable (trs to 2 ts) and XLR adapters for the ts plugs. Or indeed if it exists a trs to dual XL. Balanced unbalanced is irrelavant, since the TS plugins will make an balanced XLR unbalanced anyway in the adapter.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632