1 (edited by ramses 2019-09-02 09:24:25)

Topic: SOLVED TM 1.50(3), Win7: How to perform a TM Full Reset incl GUI stuff

Hi,

maybe a kind soul can enlighten me on this. I want to start over with TM FX settings.

Goal: I want to reset all TM FX instances to default values regarding Routing and TM FX GUI.

How can I achieve this ? Preferred from TM FX GUI, but without loosing "Quick Workspace Select" settings.

After performing "Options -> Reset Mix -> Total Reset" still some settings remain, i.e.
- hidden channels are still hidden
- narrowed channels are not set to default size

Having to do this manually is much work as UFX+ has a lot of channels and I customized many things.

There needs to be a clever way to perform this. But how ?

I found a "radical solution" by removing the content of the folder "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX"
But this is not so good, because then I also loose all of my "Workspace Quick Select" entries.

Does somebody have an idea ?

Is maybe the reset of such GUI / channel hiding and related stuff still missing as reset option in TM FX ?
I see a real demand for something like this especially for interfaces with a lot of channels.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: SOLVED TM 1.50(3), Win7: How to perform a TM Full Reset incl GUI stuff

ramses wrote:

After performing "Options -> Reset Mix -> Total Reset" still some settings remain, i.e.
- hidden channels are still hidden
- narrowed channels are not set to default size

Having to do this manually is much work as UFX+ has a lot of channels and I customized many things.

Looks like you missed the Ctrl (Strg) key when clicking the small triangle. Just one click to reset all channels to normal or narrow.

ramses wrote:

I found a "radical solution" by removing the content of the folder "C:\Users\andreas\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX"
But this is not so good, because then I also loose all of my "Workspace Quick Select" entries.

The files are easy to understand. Read their names and have a look into their content. No need to remove them all!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Looks like you missed the Ctrl (Strg) key when clicking the small triangle. Just one click to reset all channels to normal or narrow.

Small triangle ? Where ?

MC wrote:

ramses wrote:

I found a "radical solution" by removing the content of the folder "C:\Users\andreas\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX"

The files are easy to understand. Read their names and have a look into their content. No need to remove them all!

Ok, will do that next time. For the time being I have still the saved workspace and snapshot files and can also restore by those if needed. I assume you don't want to implement this, so that its not too easy for users to wipe out everything on one keystroke ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Where you click to make them wide or narrow...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ramses 2018-09-28 16:30:36)

MC wrote:

Where you click to make them wide or narrow...

Thanks now I got it .. excellent !

And found it now in the handbook. "The arrow symbol at the bottom minimizes the channel width to that of the level meters. Another click maximizes it again. A mouse click with held Ctrl key causes all channels to the right to enlarge and minimize at once."