Topic: [JRIVER] Cannot use A/D with JRIVER any more

Hello all
this is my 1st post to this community since I have an issue using RME ADI2 PRO users using the ASIO loopback with JRiver.
back from holiday I update both JRiver 24, ASIO4ALL, RME ADI2PRO USB ADC and DAC) Firmware and Driver
This is a cross-vendor issue so I also posted this to the JRiver interact forum with no satisfaction so far.
Basically I cannot feed my PC music server (JRiver as server) with the analogue signal sampled by RME through USB

My setup is as following

- a server PC hosting JRiver is connect by USB to the RME ADI2-PRO
- The balanced output of my pre phono is connected to he analogue balanced input of the RME (ADC)
- the RME is in USB mode (get and put adigital audio on the USB)
- RME clock source internal  @96K (sepecified by the driver on the PC

JRiver

- DAC: driver RME Madiface
- ADC: ASIO4ALL IN, with24@96K sampling frequency (I cannot use the same driver for AD/AD at the same time: this is at least what I expperienced
- DSP Studio: resample all formats at 24@96K (for AD/DA sampling rate consistency)

The pre phono is working (the RME ADI2 PRO set in preamp mode happily works)

FYI This setup is intended to process the vynil sound with Dirac DRC and de-clicker by getting the vynil sound at 24@96 from RME A/D, ASIO-loopbacking into JRiver, apply DSP Studio and then sending via USB to the RME DAC.

I asked the same to JRiver support since this involves both products (three possibly: ASIO4ALL as well, but I was told by RME support that all of this must work using theRME  MADIFace ASIO driver for both AD and DA: this never worked, though)

This was working fine until July 2018 time frame before I updated ASIO4LL, RME firmware and JRiver (version 24)
How can I chech that JRiver AD works, i.we. sends AD converted samples to USB of the server PC?
Back from holiday, I updated all (bad idea?) and the JRiver menu File->Open Live->ASIO Loopback (set the ASIO4ALL @96KHz) is not getting audio from the RME ...
Thank so much to anybody who'll help

DAW: W10 mini PC (i5)
Server: JRiver 30+Dirac+Acon Declick
DAC: RME ADI2 PRO Speakers ATC SCM50ASL

2 (edited by ramses 2018-09-16 15:26:43)

Re: [JRIVER] Cannot use A/D with JRIVER any more

Just a note, ASIO4ALL is not a real ASIO driver and not recommended for a proper setup.

Pls use the RME ASIO driver exclusively.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

> - ADC: ASIO4ALL IN, with24@96K sampling frequency (I cannot use the same driver for AD/AD at the same time: this is at least what I expperienced

Then you should go back and check why. Maybe you tried to use different sample rates on input (AD) and output (DA). That indeed won't work, and ASIO4All doesn't help then either.

To check the record data and function use DIGICheck.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by stanzanim 2018-09-17 10:29:16)

Thank you all
I got good information from your replies
- only use MADIFACE drivers from RME for both AD/DA (BTW this did not work in the past good times: it worked using ASIO4ALL for AD ...) which MUST work
- keep the same Fs for both AD and DA (this was already in place)
So I'll select clock source -> int and adjust the DA Fs from the driver and resample all the JRiver playback @192KHz (and set the JRiver ASIO loopback @192KHz as well
I think the issue is that for some reasons  digital samples from A/D are not routed through USB
I will try tonigh and let you know

back home.
I checked the A/D is working and digicheck can play. My feeling is that it is playing through the analog output (like in preamp mode ...) I cannot find evidence tha AD converted audio is routed t to my PC through the USB ...
I can se that the soiund device is recognized as RME audio 1+2 (looks correct) but it seems to me that reconding is disabled (and I see this is not an ASIO device so I am overly confused ...)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eaa96434xtho7 … 9.png?dl=0

6 (edited by stanzanim 2018-09-18 08:29:56)

ok, it magically works now. What I did
- uninstall ASIO4ALL
- reboot the server PC
It works @192K using Madiface ASIO for both in and out
The setup is a bit temperamental (if I paly digital files and the go back to ASIO in it does not play and I needed to restart the RME

BTW I did it

A further update:
this setup is a bit ... temperamental. To make the JRiver <-> RME ADI2 PRO combo working in ASIO Loopback mode I need a bit of trials (turn off and on the DW and/or the RME and/or connecting / disonneting the USB cable). I will update the RME FW to the last which could help
thanks