Topic: Remote for ADI-2 Pro

I'm after a digital pre that can be used with active monitors that have a AES input. The ADI-2 Pro looks like a good option as it's got the requisite no. of digital inputs, A to D should I decide to resurrect the turntable, and volume controlled AES output. One issue is the lack of a remote control for volume and input selection. The fact that the ADI-2 DAC has a remote made me think that it might be on the product road-map. Is this the case?

2 (edited by ramses 2018-05-27 08:22:11)

Re: Remote for ADI-2 Pro

Pro / Pro FS / AE is more for the studio. DAC is for Hifi and lacking i.e. analog and digital inputs. If your preference is remote control, go DAC, if your preference is to have also analog and digital input, go studio line of devices.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Just to add that if you get the DAC you can also use it with universal remotes such as Logitech Harmony.

Mac Mini > Roon > RME ADI-2 DAC > ATC SCM-11 speakers and C1 subwoofer

ramses wrote:

Pro / Pro FS / AE is more for the studio. DAC is for Hifi and lacking i.e. analog and digital inputs. If your preference is remote control, go DAC, if your preference is to have also analog and digital input, go studio line of devices.

occamsrazor wrote:

Just to add that if you get the DAC you can also use it with universal remotes such as Logitech Harmony.

Thanks but the DAC doesn't suit as I'm after a volume controlled digital output (AES) to feed active monitors with an AES digital input option. The ADI-2 Pro FS looks perfect except for the lack of a remote control for input switching and volume.

Agree with Andrew.

Have a set of Neumann active monitors that I use domestically and the ADI-2 Pro with its ADC to allow me to continue to use my analogue source as well as the DSP/EQ capabilities mean it would be a perfect unit - except...

Remote or lack of is the only thing thats preventing me from a purchase.

6 (edited by TomBiel 2018-07-08 09:40:31)

I have the DAC, but would immediately buy a PRO AE for its balanced headphone outputs if it had a remote.

ramses wrote:

For my point of view RME want to enter the Hifi market with the DAC and with the special edition PRO AE.

I hope really that RME has the plan for the future to introduce a device like PRO Version with remote or DAC version with 1 or 2 analog inputs for Hifi "idiots" like me.

8 (edited by ramses 2018-08-09 09:51:52)

I have both, the Pro and the DAC, the one for studio, the other for the HiFi corner.

For the one in the HiFi corner it would have been cool to have analog inputs i.e. to digitize Vinyl.
If you take then the Pro FS for this purpose, then the remote control is missing.

I think it would be nice
- if the Pro FS would get a remote control.
- if the DAC would get an analog input

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The ADI2 PRO is often connected to a PC via USB. The PC is normally (or often) connected to a router: Why not design and providing a smartphone app able to control the RME throught he PC?

DAW: W10 mini PC (i5)
Server: JRiver 30+Dirac+Acon Declick
DAC: RME ADI2 PRO Speakers ATC SCM50ASL

stanzanim wrote:

The ADI2 PRO is often connected to a PC via USB. The PC is normally (or often) connected to a router: Why not design and providing a smartphone app able to control the RME throught he PC?

would be lovely if this is possible.

h4nc0 wrote:
stanzanim wrote:

The ADI2 PRO is often connected to a PC via USB. The PC is normally (or often) connected to a router: Why not design and providing a smartphone app able to control the RME through he PC?

would be lovely if this is possible.

I think it would be possible with a little SW effort from RME and no extra cost for HW;)

DAW: W10 mini PC (i5)
Server: JRiver 30+Dirac+Acon Declick
DAC: RME ADI2 PRO Speakers ATC SCM50ASL

12 (edited by ramses 2018-10-02 11:35:12)

Meanwhile you could perform this, if you want ARC USB integration: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ort-DE-EN/