Topic: Complete Reset to factory

Hi,

sorry forgot to save the article.

How was the complete factory reset including EQ Presets and other presets ?

Returning to Factory State
In case a total reset is desired: hold encoder 1 and the VOL button pushed while turning on the
unit. This will reset all memory to factory default. Setups and EQ Presets stored by the user will not be deleted.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

2 (edited by bejoro 2018-10-07 16:21:03)

Re: Complete Reset to factory

Hi ramses,

I am not sure whether you mean that:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27566

MC wrote:

Der komplette Reset geht IMHO durch zusätzliches Drücken des VOLUME Knopfes, also sowohl Encoder 1, Taste VOL und VOLUME gedrückt halten beim Einschalten (Finger-Verknotung inklusive).

Complete reset of all settings should be, hold pressed while turning on:
ENCODER 1 + VOL button + VOLUME knob

I was not able to test this procedure so far (no need for complete reset). So still no confirmation whether it works as intended.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot I will try and report.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Good luck und brich dir nicht die Finger ;-)

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs

5 (edited by ramses 2018-10-10 11:35:13)

Kann auch nicht schlimmer sein als nen fieser Jazz Akkord auf ner Gitte ;-)

EDIT: anderer thread zum gleichen Topic: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 58#p134758

I tried the complete factory reset today. Unfortunately it is not complete. The setups are still there incl. names and settings. It seems like the "normal" factory reset.

Well, I said I wasn't 100% sure. Please try I/O button instead of Volume knob (still three in total). If that one also doesn't work we'll crawl through the code...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry have no device to test, too many settings would be lost.
@bejoro: if you would have the possibility that would be great.

9 (edited by bejoro 2018-10-10 17:19:54)

Sorry, last ADI-2 PRO sold today. I have ordered several ADI-2 PRO FS BE, still waiting for delivery.

10 (edited by BuckNaked 2018-10-11 01:49:28)

MC wrote:

Well, I said I wasn't 100% sure. Please try I/O button instead of Volume knob (still three in total). If that one also doesn't work we'll crawl through the code...

Doesn't seem to work either.  I tried:

- Volume + VOL + Encoder 1
- IO + VOL + Encoder 1
- EQ + VOL + Encoder 1
- SETUP + VOL + Encoder 1

Adding a menu item for the regular factory reset and the complete reset (with presets cleared) would be awesome.

Ok, we got it: press Encoder 1 and encoder 2 and the VOL key, then turn on the unit. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Many thanks, very useful.

13 (edited by bejoro 2018-10-11 09:30:28)

Indeed, very useful. Thank you.

MC wrote:

Ok, we got it: press Encoder 1 and encoder 2 and the VOL key, then turn on the unit. Sorry for the confusion.

No luck with this... the EQ Preset reads as "(free)" but still contains the settings saved into it.

I finally had the chance to try it myself, and you are right. The 'curves' don't get deleted. So after doing the complete reset you still have to go into any non-linear preset and set all gains to 0. This is doable and not complicated. After having a linear response save the current setting under the current name (which already is the factory default).

Now that we are aware that the full reset does not work as expected we will try to improve this via a firmware update.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello, I also cannot reset my RME DAC. I have tried pressing Vol+Encoder 1+Encoder 2 while turning on DAC several times and it does not work. Can you please give me the most recent instructions?

17 (edited by Johannes AU 2022-03-21 16:35:45)

JWKWODN wrote:

Hello, I also cannot reset my RME DAC. I have tried pressing Vol+Encoder 1+Encoder 2 while turning on DAC several times and it does not work. Can you please give me the most recent instructions?

Try it again, switch off the unit, remove the USB cable from the unit, press and hold button [VOL] , encoder [1] and [2] together and switch on.

Note the yellow framed ones.

https://i.ibb.co/VY9y66V/IMG-5063.png
facebook photos public

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Yes, it is button/key VOL, not the Volume knob.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

19 (edited by Johannes AU 2022-03-16 11:31:24)

MC wrote:

Yes, it is button/key VOL, not the Volume knob.

Dear MC, may be consider in future firmware update, change that factory reset button combination in order to prevent confusion (though VOL is not VOLUME). Could be SETUP is a better alternative? or just the encoders 1 and 2 is enough? (if coding allows)

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen