1 (edited by loopbreaker 2015-07-06 21:30:56)

Topic: Multiface II (PCIe) Ground Loop

Hi.

I have troubles with my Multiface, Mainbaord, Speakers and evrything get connected with the Ground from my Mainboard.

When i start the Computer, there is not a big problem, but if i start Cubase, than i can here the Computer work very loud from the speaker.

When my Synths only connected to the Multiface II (via Audio) there is no "noise", but if I put the Ground from the Mainboard to a Synth, a noise (like from the Speakers [here the Computer]) comes from the Synth to the Multiface II input.

For example: Minibrute only Audio and MIDI connected to the Multiface II = no problem > but when i plug the USB-Cabel from MINIBRUTE to the Mainboard, there comes a "computer noise" to the imput.

I tryed to use the Computer Powersupply instead of the PCIe Power, but this has NO effect.

I also forced my friends and some Froums to help me, but we can find no solution exept to put a 1:1 Transformer between Speakers and Multiface...

Has anyone an Idea, how i can get rid of this hell?

Thanks in Advance!

HDSPe MADI FX, HDSPe Multiface, 2ADI2-PRO, ADI2,
Nuendo 10.3, Bitwig 3
win10, Ubuntu 20

Re: Multiface II (PCIe) Ground Loop

I had the same problems and bought balanced (audio) cables and that fixed the problem.
Multiface has balanced In/Outs, so they work pretty well with balanced cables.

I tryed to use the Computer Powersupply instead of the PCIe Power, but this has NO effect.

What do you mean by this? As in an external PSU?

I had group loop issues and using an external PSU to power the MF fixed my issues.

4 (edited by loopbreaker 2018-10-08 13:06:18)

Sorry, I've forgot that I had opend this thread.

Thank you all for helping!

The solution, for me, was a passive DI-Box with ground-lift.
http://www.palmer-germany.com/pro/de/PA … -PAN04.htm

Best Regards

HDSPe MADI FX, HDSPe Multiface, 2ADI2-PRO, ADI2,
Nuendo 10.3, Bitwig 3
win10, Ubuntu 20