Topic: HDSP question

Hi,

Anybody tried to add a RME HDSP card simultaneously with other audio interfaces (different manufacturers on same PCIexpress bus on motherboard?
I have EMU 1616m, want to add multiface II as standalone converter (slave) to get more analog ins/out, but i need to run the HDSP paralel to the EMU PCIe card...Anybody tried? Could be there some conflicts?

I understand , that i need the RME drivers and software to switch to slave mode, without HDSP and external supply and the installed software it wont run in standalone mode!

Re: HDSP question

A DAW can only open/access one ASIO driver at a time.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Of course!
I will use the old ASIO driver in all DAWs i used before, i wont change anything, i just will install all the RME stuff so the Multiface can communicate with HDSP and i can switch it to slave and standalone (disconnected) mode.. Thats is done through the RME software i suppose right?

But i dont know if there is a possibility of a conflict between EMU and RME both cards (not a DAW conflict, but is the OS level - Windows 7), they both will run on PCI-e slots, there is a third Windows audio device, the integrated audio card in motherboard, but thats disabled in the device Manager..

Had anybody tried 2 use two different PCI-e interfaces simultaneously?

RME supports i.e. up to 3 in parallel.
With PCIe the OS / driver will take care of proper IRQ allocation.
You only should look to use PCIe sockets that are
- not shared i.e. with other equipment like M.2 which might be in use already
- not limiting your primary GPU card to switch from x16 to x8 speed, because of the PCIe lane design of your board
- directly connected to the CPU, next best is to use PCIe sockets where the PCIe lanes come from the chipset

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ok, then i will look at a PCI-e slot which is not shared with other pci-line, i have 1x16x and two 8x slots, i dont think 16x and 8x+8x are shared together, probably the 8x+8x and the 16x are different pci-lines, so one of the 8x i can use i think..
Will check m.board specs!

Thank you very much for this info! smile

wait, i can use also a 4x 2x or 1x PCI-e slot..i must check the boards specs..

7 (edited by ramses 2018-10-10 16:46:10)

A recording interface doesn't require very much of a PCIe bus bandwidth compared to i.e. an USB3/3.1 multiport high speed card. Even the HDSPe MADI FX (with 3 MADI ports = 3x64 channels @44.1) requires only a PCIe x1 slot.