Topic: Micstasy & Midi Remote bug

Hi RME

I have three Micstasies, and often control them with Midi Remote (MR).  Connection is through Midi over Madi.  MR is v1.71, Micstasies are v2.1

Often, when I go Online with MR the last channel in one Micstasy will reset to 0dB gain.  It happens about 60% of the time.  It doesn't always happen with the same physical unit, and it isn't always the same MADI ID (I think).  In a particular setup though, (say two of the three), it will always be the same unit though.

Is this a known bug?  Is it in MR or Micstasy?  Is there a known remedy?  This has caught me out a few times and I would really like to know if there is a solution.

Thanks,
Simon

Madiface XT, Madiface, 3x Micstasy, ADI8QS
Sequoia 17, W10 x64
https://bsound.co.nz/tools-nix

Re: Micstasy & Midi Remote bug

I experienced something similiar using the Octamic XTC with Midiremote and sending HWC controller data to my punchlight using the same midi over madi connection.
(The punchlight is a red light controlled by midi rec message).
Sometimes the Gains behave wildly.

Insight and solutions are welcome as well.
Georg

Check that the ProTools MIDI Remote support is turned off. This (and only this) will make the Micstasy react on simple MIDI messages. Manual chapter 20.4.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias
I turned off PT but still getting some MoM  weirdness. I will test properly when I get back to base, and attempt to reproduce.

S.

Sequoia 17, W10 x64

Just to follow up, turning PT off did fix that original issue I asked about - thanks MC.  I still get occasional spurious "LED" indications now and then in the midi remote window (some of the channel indicators like D-link or Hi-Z light up for a second), but no real problems.  Interestingly, I have seen this with coax Madi interconnects but not optical.

Georg, did you find any solution for your issue?  Is there any crossover between your punchlight commands and the XTC commands (ref in back of manual).  Also I note on page 7 XTC seems to have some kind of midi analysis display.  Gains behaving wildly is never fun.  hmm

Sequoia 17, W10 x64

Potscrubber wrote:

Just to follow up, turning PT off did fix that original issue I asked about - thanks MC.  I still get occasional spurious "LED" indications now and then in the midi remote window (some of the channel indicators like D-link or Hi-Z light up for a second), but no real problems.  Interestingly, I have seen this with coax Madi interconnects but not optical.

Georg, did you find any solution for your issue?  Is there any crossover between your punchlight commands and the XTC commands (ref in back of manual).  Also I note on page 7 XTC seems to have some kind of midi analysis display.  Gains behaving wildly is never fun.  hmm

Did you ever solve this?  My XTC keeps flashing in MIDI Remote which is v annoying!

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

MC wrote:

Check that the ProTools MIDI Remote support is turned off. This (and only this) will make the Micstasy react on simple MIDI messages. Manual chapter 20.4.

Is there a similar setting that would explain interference with the XTC in MIDI Remote?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Potscrubber wrote:

Hi Simon,
I just found a solution:
In Sequoia in the HWC setup I had to configure the HWC so that only Play, stop, Rec messages are being sent out via Midi.
All other messages - Midi Ping, Peakmeter, Time display, etc, I switched to off, and it seems to be ok now.
Also the Gains only seemed to jump in the Midi remote - not on the XTC itself.

Georg