Topic: Menu Setting for USB-recording from SPDIF-in via analog

I'd like to make USB-records from analog input, but signal will come from other device to the spdif input of Adi-2.
After DAC convertion analog signal pass from XLR out to XLR input of Adi-2. And usb-recording are rolling all time.
Is it possible?

Re: Menu Setting for USB-recording from SPDIF-in via analog

is anybody home?

Maybe?

The manual clearly explains that the AD/DA mode will do exactly what you wrote above.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I can only recommend to read the block diagrams and the short explanations of chapter 17.

Default: AUTO mode: The unit will turn into different operating modes depending on the connected cables
[lots of useful information which cable connections issue which mode "automagically"

- Preamp: Analog in to Analog out (internal digital routing)
- AD/DA: Converter Mode, analog in to all digital outs, digital in to all analog outs.
- etc

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by dir 2018-10-14 14:50:33)

thank you ramses, i forgot to change ad/da source for spdif
RME is a good gear i really like it, but menu.... grrrr its totaly mixed up for me
it also remind me a blaupunkt car audio main unit

so as i understand it must be same clock mode on the all way of signal?
now i can't record 44 kHz audio via optic input and then to record signal via USB on 192 khz mode

Write clearly - you don't want to 'record' the SPDIF signal. To record the analog input at 192 kHz while the SPDIF input is DA converted from 44.1 kHz simply activate the SRC for SPDIF input...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

i try to to figure it out my tasks
thats all for a testing&measuring behavior some digital transports connecting to the DAC section of ADI-2
so I can't use a SRC mode, i'd like to feed SPDIF on the 44 khz and looking for changes on the 192 khz records

There is no audio interface anywhere that supports more than one sample rate without sample rate conversion.

The only solution is to use two interfaces. One performs the DA-conversion at 44.1 kHz, one the AD conversion at 192 kHz.

As the SRC is usually much better than the DAC you should try if the SRC really limits your measurements.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

i'd like to to discover weak points of digital transports, because in the real life there is no SRC nearby