Topic: Mono Button in Monitor section not working

Hi all

I'm a new user: my Fireface UCX arrived yesterday to replace another manufacturer's unit which simply refused to work properly through a USB3 port.

So far so good with the UCX, installed fine, seems to run happily at 96 samples buffer.

However, I'm seeing an odd thing in the Mixer..... (Windows 7 x64, TotalMixFX 0.989)

I'm playing a simple stereo track from a DAW into TotalMix.

If I assign an output channel as the Main Out A (I've tried both Analog 1/2 and Headphones 7/8), I can Dim and Recall the level correctly. But Mono doesn't work. Sometimes it will mono very very briefly (about 1/3 of a second) and then return to stereo. Sometimes it will do this repeatedly, switching between mono and stereo throughout playback.

Has anyone else seen this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Andy

Re: Mono Button in Monitor section not working

I've just tried Beta 0.99 and still seeing the same thing.......

Thanks
Andy

Please update the UCX to the latest firmware.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC

Thanks for the quick reply. I did that yesterday, before running anything, using the Firmware from the website.

TotalMix reports DSP_SW v2.2

Andy

5 (edited by noncom 2013-07-04 12:24:11)

OK, some more odd things going on. (Still running 0.99 beta 6)

I have a software playback channel (direct from Windows Media Player in this instance) set to Hardware Out 1/2 and playing a stereo mp3.

I have Analog Out 1/2 set as the Main, and headphones plugged into the Analog 7/8 socket on the front.

In TotalMix, all I have routed is the Software Playback channel for Analog Out 1/2 faded up to both Hardware Out 1/2 and to Phones Out 7/8.

If I fade down the Phones 7/8 fader in the Hardware Out section to nearly -infinity, and press Cue on its channel, on the Main Out loudspeakers (Analog Out 1/2) I get the music cutting in and out constantly, about once a second.

It's as if the Main speakers Output keeps changing its mind about whether to output the Main Output or the Cue Output, similar to when it can't make up its mind if it should be mono or stereo as described above.....

Please help me out here. I lost a fair bit of money by not getting the problems with my previous interface sorted out quickly enough to return it to the supplier, and now having invested significantly more money in the RME, I really really need this to work.

Thanks
Andy

Is the UCX set to Internal clock mode in the Settings dialog? Did you perform a Total Reset in TotalMix Options?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias

The UCX was set to Internal Clock mode. I hadn't done a Total Reset in the Options, but I have now, and it seems to have cured the problem. :-)

For reference, do you have any idea why this might have happened, and what does the Total Reset do which might have cured it? I can't see how anything I'd changed in the routing etc should have caused such behaviour.....

Still, it's useful to know that the Reset option is there if I find any future strangeness.....

Thanks so much for your help.

Andy

We have never seen that error, nor has any of our users. It seems the current workspace got corrupted somehow. If that happens again please save it and send it to us.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK, I will do.

Hopefully I'll never see it again......

Thanks once more.

Hi there, sorry for the zombie thread, but I'm having a problem with mono not making the signal mono. I've updated my firmware and also done a total reset. Any other suggestions? Perhaps unrelated, but when I press dim, it seems that the two little leds at the bottom of the right meters no longer light up ( I could have sworn they used to ). Thanks for your help.

Is that a BF Pro? Are you aware that Mono will only make the current Main Out mono? So what is your current Main Out?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME