Topic: Playback of just recorded multi-track wave file with Global Record

Hi

I recorded with Global Record
4 HW inputs
2 SW playback channels

After the recording I wanted to playback all, but I can listen only to the 2 SW playback channels it seems.
Is it somehow possible to also playback the other recorded tracks ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Playback of just recorded multi-track wave file with Global Record

Do you have the same amount of tracks armed (button above the mute) for playback?

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I know how to arm tracks for DURec playbacks in TM FX's Record View.

But now I wanted to try Gloal Record to save me the little work, having to transport the audio files from USB stick to PC.

Recording works like a charm, but I didn't find something compareable for playback of multiple tracks in Global Record.
If I didn't do a stupid mistake then it appears to me that this has not been implemented, although it would be very useful.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Indeed, we have to check that. Same playback from both rows, that doesn't make sense.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ramses 2018-11-04 15:33:21)

That would be extremely nice, many thanks for looking into this :-)

There is maybe one additional point for DIGICheck, not sure whether possible.
To be able to visualize DURec Playback via HW Inputs in DIGIcheck without having
to route those inputs 1st to a free HW Input/Output pair of channels and using then loopback.

%-----------------------------------------
The details:

I am just playing back the recorded multitrack file with DURec, all is very nice (4 mono, 1 stereo channel).
DURec playback I am performing through the not used HW Input channels MADI 59-64
(I am doing this to be able to use a different Mix and EQ settings between DURec recording and playback).

Now I would like to see the effects of EQ adjustments while DURec playback of MA 59-62, i.e. for
1. the two Mic recordings of guitar (MA 59+60)
2. the whole Mix (MA59-62)

To 2. I got it to work by using loopback of MAIN OUT (AES).
Although I see no signal on the corresponding HW Input (AES) I can use in Totalyser the HW inputs AES L and R
to see the effects of EQ settings.

To 1. this seems to be a harder nut.
I need to route HW inputs MA 59+60 to HW Outputs MA 63+64 and then use loopback there
to be able to capture the Durec Playback of MA59+60 with DIGICheck Tools on HW Inputs MA 63+64.
So as can be seen, never too bad to have a few unused channels on an interface for such routing / loopback purposes wink

%-----------------------------------------

The question is simply, wouldn't it be nicer if DIGICheck tools could pickup the audio signal directly from HW Input channels instead of having to use loopback ? Maybe somehow technically possible, maybe as future extension of TM/DIGICheck ?

Here a screenshot with the routing of one MA output channel with Loopback enabled
and right beside the settings for the Totalyser, to illustrate this a little bit ..

And let me say the functionality already "just right now" is simply phantastic I am really very satisfied with it, the perfect Tape Deck Mode for me :-) And allows for all options to postprocess later with Cubase on demand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2j5wmcmyrasizd/2018-11-04%20DURec%20Playback%20on%20DIGICheck.jpg?dl=1