Topic: ARC USB not working with totalmix closed

Good evening,
I just got a Fireface UCX and an ARC remote, and I'm trying to test all that's possible to do with them. Apparently, closing totalmix on my computer disables the remote. Is that normal? How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance.
L.M.

Re: ARC USB not working with totalmix closed

This is expected. The ARC USB sends MIDI data to and from the TotalMix app for controls. If the app is quit, no chance to control anything.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you for your answer. (:

I suppose it's not possible to send the data in question directly to the Fireface (if I remember well, that would be the standalone mode that's available for the UFX only, right?)

The ARC USB can only be connected directly to the UFX II and UFX + and then works also in stand-alone mode.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

In that case, here's a feature request for Totalmix: a way to quit the app without quitting the service. The reason I asked this in the first place is that I know I'm just gonna quit the app without realising it. Don't need that window → ⌘Q. And then I'll wonder why the remote isn't working. It's been a few hours since I know I've gotta leave Totalmix open in order for the remote to work, but I've closed it more than 20 times already... So an option to keep the service active when users quit the app would be great (something similar to what the dropbox app does, maybe?)

You close the window but don't quit the app...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You close the window but don't quit the app...

I know that works. But with the icon still in the dock, I know I'm gonna end up closing it every two minutes.