1 (edited by MartinR 2018-11-16 20:50:50)

Topic: TotalMixFX and Eucon Artist Mix

I can't get my Avid Artist Mix to work with TotalMixFX on my Laptop. It works perfectly on my Desktop DAW. I did exactly the same on my Laptop:
- Intalling latest Versions of RME Drivers and Eucon,
- go to the Eucon Control Panel and setting up Mackie Control for TotalMixFX for Midi Ports 1-4
- go to MIDI setting in TotalMix and setting MIDI Connection In/Out to EuMidi1, Enable Remote Controller Select "in Use" number 1.
- Enable Midi Control in TotalMix FX options.

I've noticed on little difference: when i open the tab "assign" in EuControl while TotalMix is open on my Laptop the name of my Workstation is NOT Shown in the Applicaton line: It says: "Application: TotalMixFX on "
On my Desktop DAW it says: "Application: TotalMixFX on DAW"

When i open Nuendo on my laptop the workstation Name is shown in EuControl and my Artist Contoller Works: "Application Nuendo 7 on Ultrabook"

Thanks, Martin

Fireface UFX2 latest Driver
Eucontrol 18.3.0.244
DAW and Laptop both PC, Windows 10

Re: TotalMixFX and Eucon Artist Mix

Update.. i found a way to get it work. Still not perfect, but at least something:

- I kiled TotalMix and the RME driver in system tray.
- deleted the Midi assignment in Eucon Contol Panel
- made a new assignment for MidiPort 1-4 to TotalMixFX (Mackie Protocol) in the Eucon Contol Panel
- resartet RME TotalMixFX

And then everything worked fine. But after a restart again no connection between workstation and totalmix...
so it seems to be a small problem somewhere in the midi assignment.

how can I fix this in a way that it also works after a restart?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

I also started a thread in this forum: Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Hey MartinR,

did you find a stable solution?
I'm thinking about to purchase an AVID S3 controller, but want to be sure that it also works with the core of my DAW system, my UFX+ and TotalMix FX!

On AVIDs S3 product page, it is mentioned under EUCON features, that also HUI and Mackie control protocols are supported!
So in theory everything should be fine and I should be able to configure my TotalMix FX MIDI settings and Mackie control options to work with the S3.

But I didn't find any confirmation about that on the internet so far... just a few threads (like yours) whre it seems more than problematic to get an AVID controller and TotalMix FX to work.

All the best

Win10 Pro 64bit v.1903 | Nuendo 10 latest | i7-4820K 3.7GHz | 32GB DDR3 RAM | RME Fireface UFX+

Hey rotbart,
no, this is still my way to get it work after each restart...