1 (edited by dhoop 2018-12-28 14:24:26)

Topic: Nachfolger von Multiface?

Hallo, meine Multiface 1 funktioniert nach über 10 Jahren immernoch und wird auch weiter mit Treibern versorgt, topp!!! Nur leider bekomme ich immer öfter Probleme mit Aussetzern unter niedrigeren Latenzen die ich immer schwerer in den Griff bekomme. Ich denke eine neue Hardware würde meine Probleme vielleicht lösen. Nur was ist der Nachfolger der Multiface?
Niedrige Latenzen und 8 ins und outs sind für mich wichtig. Was wäre Eure Empfehlung?
Danke
Gruß Kai

Re: Nachfolger von Multiface?

It is unlikely that the age of the multiface is causing dropouts at low latency and thus that new hardware will fix it.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I'll second that.

Actually, I think dhoop needs to look at the OS, whatever he's running. Today's OSes seem to be so busy talking to the cloud, that they're causing all kinds of problems. And you don't even need to be connected to the net, as the OS will cache data to send when you connect again.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

OK thank you. I can just try it out what happens when I integrate a newer model. But which model would you consider as the successor to the Multiface? I do not get along with the many products on the RME page.