Topic: RME & Magix users: friendly ASIO naming utility
If you are like me a heavy RME interface user, and also a Samplitude or Sequoia user, you will be familiar with the problem of ASIO channel naming.
I have developed a small utility to workaround this. Currently, Magix use the name of the driver, not the driver-reported hardware name of the device channel. We can rename these ourselves in the app settings panel, but in my situation, I have interfaces with multiple I/O types: analog, MADI, ADAT, AES. Every time I change the sample rate (which I do often) or reconfigure the Madi ports, any custom naming becomes invalid as the number of device channels change. Also, when the driver is updated, the names are reset too. I needed something to more easily automate better naming of my ASIO channels. This is it (for me, for now). Please feel free to use it.
Edit: v1.2 December 2018. Changes:
- better error handling (before it could get stuck in a loop in certian situations).
- now reports current driver sample rate.
- modify can now be the default action by ticking a box (stored in ini).
- Auto cli mode - see AUTO MODE in help.
- the wordy help can be opened in a browser.
Sequoia 14, W7Px64, W10Px64