Topic: 'State Overview' question in Win10

Hi. I am looking at my RME ADI-2 Pro 'State Overview' window and the USB row shows 44.1 as sample rate, no matter what tracks I play with different players (VLC, MusicBee, Tidal) and the same with DSD files or Tidal MQA streams.

ADI-2 Pro is in 'DAC mode'. I have uninstalled the RME drivers and I was under the impression, that now the ADI-2 can handle different sample rates and bit sizes automatically. So I am wondering why the state overview window doesn't show these changes. What am I doing wrong here...? smile

Re: 'State Overview' question in Win10

The used player must be configured to use WASAPI as output format. Then it will work.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27962

Post 10 and up.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Does not work -> WASAPI enabled on MusicBee and still stuck with 44.1khz. Shouldn't the sample rate change with Tidal MQA tracks as well?

Tidal does not support WASAPI nor ASIO AFAIK. Music Bee - our super user ramses will know.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ramses 2018-12-30 20:47:02)

I am using the ADI-2 Pro only in AD/DA mode, connected via AES to UFX+.
In MusicBee I am using the MADIface ASIO driver of the UFX+.
MusicBee has the problem with bigger sample rate changes.
A change from 44.1 to 48 kHz or 88.2 to 96 works.
A change from 44.1 to 88.2 or higher doesn't work, then you have to close and re-open MusicBee.

Foobar2000 doesn't have this problem, there I can change sample rates as I like (using the same ASIO driver / setup).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

My bad, there still were older RME drivers installed in my Win10. I did a 'RME' search via Win10 control panel and there were three older RME drivers present. I uninstalled them all and voila, now the ADI-2 state overview window shows everything ok with MusicBee.

Thanks for the help! smile