Topic: ADI-2 DAC new user questions

Hi, I am a new user of your wonderful unit. Absolutely loving the sound quality and the features. I have been enjoying for the past two weeks.

Two questions for which I cannot find the answers. Not sure if they are related (I have the latest driver and firmare v25 from Dec):

1. Even though I connect to my PC via USB, when I right click Sounds in Windows 10, the ADI-2 shows as a "Analog (1+2)" and with the SPDIF icon. Why is this? When I plug in my Grace m900 for example via USB, it shows as USB or XMOS USB.
2. I use Qobuz for high-quality music, and even when the tracks are 24 bit / 48 kHz, my ADI-2 does not go above 44.1 kHz (not sure how to check the bits). When I right click Sounds, select ADI-2 Properties, Advanced, I cannot select anything above "2 channel, 24 bit, 44100 Hz".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: ADI-2 DAC new user questions

Well, for #2 I discovered that the MADIface Series Settings in the taskbar allows me to go up beyond 44.1 kHZ. Question 1 still remains open.

1. I don't understand why you ask this. The DAC has two analog output channels, so why should it show something different? And that is not an SPDIF icon at all, it's just two cables. If you don't like it you can choose a different one in that dialog.

2. Explained in the latest manual (download) as well as here:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27280

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK, thanks Matthias! Makes sense for #1. For #2, if using Qobuz which goes to 24bit/96kHz on some (not all) tracks, should I select "Sample Rate" 96000 in Madiface Settings and forget about it?

I don't know Qobuz. Does it have ASIO? Does it support sample rate changes via WASAPI? Etc...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey,
since I purchased my ADI-2 DAC recently and I am using Qobuz too, I think I can help.

If you use the Qobuz Desktop App (which I recommend), you can klick on the Icon on the bottom right, right next to the volume slider. From there you can choose your output channel. If you select "ASIO MADIface USB", it switches the sample rate according to the track you are listening to.