Topic: Digiface DANTE OSX 10.11.6 not working

After first driver installation (driver_usb_mac_222) OSX 10.11.6 freeze and hardware reboot was done.
Then I reinstalled again the same driver and computer now work, there is a blue light in USB3 port connected directly to a USB3 port from my MBP 11.5.
Digiface DANTE is working perfectly in Windows 8.1 x64 and in OSX Audio MIDI setup I cannot see the Digiface DANTE, normally on boot, RME settings panel and totalmix pop-up with the Digiface USB (which for perfectly). I checked the firmware in Windows and it is the latest one.

Should I delete driver files manually and reinstall?

Saludos Enrique.

2 (edited by enriquesilveti 2019-01-04 16:42:28)

Re: Digiface DANTE OSX 10.11.6 not working

I'm wrong kernel is going to panic, Apple crash report is here: https://app.box.com/s/47v8a01rjr5n3k886ovvd6rozfuc0o6x

Saludos Enrique.

You installed Dante Via? Please uninstall and try again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I should check it. DANTE controller is installer for sure due we already have a complete DANTE infrastructure, and maybe DVS, but DANTE Via is so unuseful due work only at 48 kHz that I removed it. Anyway i'll check it ASAP.

Saludos Enrique.

No Dante Via, only latest version of DANTE controller and DVS.

I removed all v 2.22 driver files following user manual information and I reinstall latest driver for OSX, the same driver v 2.22, but exactly same results: OSX kernel panic, then I reboot again and I connected my DF USB which use the same driver and works, same happen before. So issue seems to be related exclusively to DF DANTE. Please tel me know if I should provide you more details or information.

Saludos Enrique.

Sorry, I meant the Dante Virtual Soundcard. I am not sure this software can co-exist with our DF Dante on the same computer due to possible network conflicts. Additionally we will check this setup again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for answer.

You can see all information about my setup here: https://app.box.com/s/0rparax0ohaysvgweeli36vabxikmaj8
Anyway if you want/need, you can connect remotely via TV, just let me know.

Next week I'll install DF DANTE (new driver) into my company mate MBP with High Sierra, no DANTE controller and/or DVS.

Saludos Enrique.

I just found out that driver 2.22 does not support the Digiface Dante. The readme file mentioned it in error. The Digiface Dante has been tested under 10.11. using the 3.x driver (currently 3.14), which seems to be usable (although not recommended otherwise) with 10.11 for the DF Dante. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for replay!

So. What you suggest me? Should I install 3.x old driver version (3.10/11/12/13) for example? At the moment I don't want to update to Sierra due buffer/stability problems.

Saludos Enrique.

I can confirm you driver v 3.14 is working here on OSX 10.11.6.

Saludos Enrique.