1 (edited by stormy 2019-01-04 14:52:24)

Topic: Suggestion: more Phones mixes and renaming

My Fireface 802 is the heart of my studio, and I have been doing some pretty intensive band recording that required five headphone mixes. First of all, Totalmix is SO good that many times I wished it was an actual physical board! For a live in the studio session it really is the heart of it all.

I did run into a couple small problems: the number of Phones outputs is limited to four. So, my 5th phones send was in the leftmost side of the screen. No big deal but it would be great to have all mixes together.

Also, I couldn't find a way to rename the Phones outputs. So, I put up a piece of paper that told me which musician was "phones 1", etc. smile From reading some forum posts it seems they CAN be renamed in the settings, but not in Totalmix as the other channels, I need to try that and see if it's right.

Logic Pro X 10.6. Mac OS X Catalina. MacBook Pro 2014 (4 core i7), 16 GB RAM. RME Fireface 802 x2.

Re: Suggestion: more Phones mixes and renaming

Renaming of Phones is done via the Channel Layout dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Another way is to rename the outputs before assigning them as Phones.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Then they are still named Phones 1 to 4 after Assign. IMHO stormy tries to rename them directly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, it works! smile Yes, I tried to rename them by double clicking and that wouldn't work. Wish I had thought of trying the Channel Layout before the sessions big_smile

I hope my suggestion of being able to assign more than four Phones sends can be considered. It's a little thing really but I could use eight!

Logic Pro X 10.6. Mac OS X Catalina. MacBook Pro 2014 (4 core i7), 16 GB RAM. RME Fireface 802 x2.

Matthias,
I meant that the names in the assign window remains the same no matter what outputs are called,
but in the Control room section names can be changed by renaming output before assigning them to Phones in the Assign menu.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit