Topic: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

After I update the firmware to the latest version, when I connect the power cord to the adi-2 pro, it turns on automatically.

Sometimes I need to press the power button because it does not automatically turn on, but most of the time it turns on automatically.

I think this is a problem. is there any solution?

2

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

The unit always turns on automatically if you don't switch it off via the front button, but by disconnecting power. It remembers its last state before power loss.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

And this is very useful as you can turn on and off all you major devices by using the on/off switch of your power strip.

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, Win7 Prof, Cubase 9.5, UFX+, Octamic XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS BE/DAC, RayDAT, ARC USB

4 (edited by mottomusic 2018-12-24 09:50:02)

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

MC wrote:

The unit always turns on automatically if you don't switch it off via the front button, but by disconnecting power. It remembers its last state before power loss.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I know what you mentioned.

But the problem is that it does not remember the last state and it turns on automatically.

Oh, and I have an AE, is it different from the pro version?

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

ramses wrote:

And this is very useful as you can turn on and off all you major devices by using the on/off switch of your power strip.

Oh, it could be really useful.

6

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

What firmware is in there?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

MC wrote:

What firmware is in there?

I can see the letters of 'SW Version 89'.

8

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

Good. Now do you have a real problem or did my post 2 explain the behaviour?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

MC wrote:

Good. Now do you have a real problem or did my post 2 explain the behaviour?

What do you mean?

My problem is that it does not remember the last state and SOMETIMES it turns on automatically.

10

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

That is a quite different statement to your first post (read it yourself). Also I doubt that this changed with the firmware update.

When you feel this is worth to send the unit in for checking please do so, should be covered by warranty. That can not be fixed without test and inspection.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

MC wrote:

That is a quite different statement to your first post (read it yourself). Also I doubt that this changed with the firmware update.

When you feel this is worth to send the unit in for checking please do so, should be covered by warranty. That can not be fixed without test and inspection.

Sorry, I understand that there may be a misunderstanding, because at first I did not know how to explain the problem.

Moreover, I am not proficient in English writing. Now I am using Google Translator.

But I want to clarify this fact once again.

“ Sometimes my adi-2 pro AE does not remember the last state of front button.

This never happened before I updated the firmware. ”

12 (edited by AndreasW 2019-01-09 22:32:00)

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

Hi MC,

Maybe there is really something behind this - but I'm also not sure.

But, once in a while (at least I experience it that way) my ADI-2 Pro also turns automatically on when I switch on my "Steckdosenleiste". This happens once in two months or so. And each time I was very (or should I say "quite") sure that I turned it off via the Power-Button before because in general I never intentionally cut power when devices are turned on.

And, this is independent from the firmware - the behaviour was right from the start "observable" (I bought my device in May 2017).

So, this could be indeed a very rare condition with the ADI-2 Pro (which I now believe in even more). Otherwise I would call it my own "brain" bug...

Other possibility:
Someone else has turned the device on and disconnected power without switching off. In my situation this is quite unlikely but could be relevant for others.

13

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

You could check if you can reproduce this behaviour when you switch the unit off by pressing the standby button too long. 'Too long' means not releasing it when the screen goes off (about 1 s), but the standby button LED (ring) goes off (about 2-3 seconds).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

Hi MC,

So far, I could not produce other than normal behaviour. But I'll experiment a bit the next days and let you know the outcome.

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

MC wrote:

You could check if you can reproduce this behaviour when you switch the unit off by pressing the standby button too long. 'Too long' means not releasing it when the screen goes off (about 1 s), but the standby button LED (ring) goes off (about 2-3 seconds).

Hi, MC

I have a question.

'The standby button LED (ring) goes off' means the LED (ring) turning red?

or does it mean that the light is completely gone?

In my case the LED only turns from white to red by pressing the standby button too long (about 5 s)

16

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

Yes, white to red.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: adi-2 pro turns on automatically

Hi MC,

Promised feedback:

It seems to be a user bug! big_smile
Since my last post I really gave high attention to how and if I turned off the device before cutting main power.

And, the ADI 2 Pro always woke up the way it should.