Topic: Best simple DSD Software (Windows 10) for beginner

Hello, I'm very interested in trying out the Dac's DSD capabilities, but have not used DSD before.

I'm wondering:

1). What is a simple, free (if possible) software I can use to listen to DSD that doesn't require a ton of time to setup

2). Where's a good place to find/buy DSD music?

Thanks

Re: Best simple DSD Software (Windows 10) for beginner

1. foobar2000 but i prefer Jriver for 50$
2. http://www.hdtracks.com/dsd-albums

In case you have an iOS gadget: Neutron is an unbelievably mighty, flexible and powerful app that plays anything, and also natively. And not expensive. The ADI-2 DAC happily plays PCM until 768 kHz and DSD up to DSD256 via that app when connected to the iOS device.

For our inhouse testing of DSD playback via computer we prefer JRiver - it simply works.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias, indeed Neutron seems a great app to play music with ADI 2 DAC!

I’m also trying to find an ios app to records from ADI 2 Pro input (in PCM 384khz or DSD), do you know any?

Thanks.

I haven't checked the App Store for stuff like that for a long time, sorry. Older stuff was either buggy or couldn't even change the sample rate. This is a very rare application (even at 192 kHz), which means whoever programs such an app will not make money with it. So I won't be astonished if such an app doesn't exist at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by Matching_Mole 2019-01-26 15:58:33)

Thanks Matthias for your answer.

I’m still trying to find a way to play and record (PCM and DSD) with the lightest setup possible using my ADI2 Pro. Play is easy (rasberry pi, Ios devices,...) but record seems harder.

Robertm394 wrote:

Hello, I'm very interested in trying out the Dac's DSD capabilities, but have not used DSD before.

I'm wondering:

1). What is a simple, free (if possible) software I can use to listen to DSD that doesn't require a ton of time to setup

2). Where's a good place to find/buy DSD music?

Thanks

try searching for Tascam Hi-Res Editor. it is a free application you can find on Tascam's website. I haven't used it very much, but it does both playback and recording of DSD.

I am new to forum, so I don't think posting a link is an option