1 (edited by tuti83 2019-02-02 19:33:21)

Topic: Noobie question for Adi-2 DAC

Hi,guys!I have a very noobie question,but very important to me.Does Adi-2 DAC converts all the digital audio in my lap top or just the playback.For example:i produce music with VST's.When i export audio from my DAW to the hadrdrive does ADI-2 chip is involved in the exporting or just convert the outgoing audio(playback) Thanks in advance!

Re: Noobie question for Adi-2 DAC

No audio interface is part of the export process.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for the fast reply smile Is the sound of the ADI-2 DAC(with all dsp off) referen,flat and uncoloured for studio mixing and mastering.My old inteface is tascam and i find the sound pretty different.

It's reference class, no sound washer. RME is known to deliver a neutral uncolored sound.
Your old tascam is surely surely missing something which you will find now with this excellent unit.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you,Ramses.So,the mixing decisions under this DAC should  be adequate.

Hi Tuti,

Mixing decisions are a tough one to call. The DAC by itself won’t give you a reasonable mixing environment. You would have to neutralise your headphones or monitors and treat your room as well.
Look for Sonarworks Reference 4 to help you with mixing so that they are transferable.
Regards
Rodney

Rme Ucx + Rme Adi-2 Dac Fs

Thanks for your reply Rodney.
I know that.My room is acousticly treated and the frequency responce of my monitors is pretty flat.But the pure sound from my old interface and the sound from ADI-2 DAC is quite different.I really like what i hear from ADI,it sounds a lot more softer in the area of 3-6 khz and i just wondered which one is more accurate.Have significant difference in lows also.

There is pretty flat and there is flat. The only way to tell what the difference is, is by analysing the response.

You could do two analyses. One with your Tascam and another with your DAC. You would then be able to see without speculation what the difference is between the two.

Kind Regards

Rodney

Rme Ucx + Rme Adi-2 Dac Fs