1 (edited by abtr 2019-02-05 19:22:49)

Topic: "Analog(1+2)(RME ADI-2 DAC)(2a39:3fd3)" ?

Hi all,

I recently sent my ADI-2 DAC back to Bax-shop.nl for repair (the USB input stopped working) and I just got it back. The USB works again, which is great, but there was not a single document or notice stating what the problem was and/or what has been done to repair the unit (I may try to find that out; apparently the repair was done by a Belgian company called Amptec). Strangely, the name of the DAC has changed. It used to be "ADI-2 DAC (54681350)", where the number 54681350 matched the serial number on the casing. The new name is "Analog(1+2)(RME ADI-2 DAC)(2a39:3fd3)", which is a bit awkward. What do "Analog(1+2)" and those hexadecimal numbers mean? And all settings and remote key mappings are back to factory standard. Could this mean that essentially the whole main board was replaced?

Re: "Analog(1+2)(RME ADI-2 DAC)(2a39:3fd3)" ?

Mac users see the internal serial number. You seem to have got either a completely new unit or at least a new mainboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by abtr 2019-02-06 22:07:27)

Okay, then I guess the main board was replaced. The chassis of the unit still has the original serial number (54681350) stuck on it. The screws used for the cover are different though. Anyhow, can you tell me what "Analog(1+2)" stands for? And could you track when this board was produced and to whom it was sold, based on its internal serial number (2a39:3fd3)? Is it logical that it was used as a replacement board for my unit? Thnx.

MC wrote:

Mac users see the internal serial number. You seem to have got either a completely new unit or at least a new mainboard.

I also see these numbers in Windows.

And I already had one bad customer experience with Bax-shop.nl. They sent me a used/returned unit when I ordered a new ADI-2 DAC. So I like to know everything there is to know about this repair. I hope you can answer my earlier question(s).

The serial number is part of the device name but only shown in Windows when using CC mode, so no RME driver installed. For more information about your unit please contact RME support.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The serial number is part of the device name but only shown in Windows when using CC mode, so no RME driver installed. For more information about your unit please contact RME support.

OK, I will do that. And what does "Analog(1+2)" mean? Analog may refer to analogue output device but the (1+2) part is a mistery to me (sorry for my ignorance).

Channel 1 and channel 2...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME