1 (edited by gswitz 2018-10-12 02:04:44)

Topic: UCX Midi input

The UCX has that port with a breakout cable that gives you 2 midi inputs and 2 outputs.

Input and output for channel 1 isn't working.

I bought a new breakout cable but that didn't fix it.

I think my UCX might be 6 years old or so. Time flies. All that plugging and unplugging has taken its toll.

So, I notice that nice remote input right next to the midi input. Looks just the same. :-)

Can I flip them? some magical way? I can solder but the pictures I've googled of the open UCX makes it look beyond my skill level.

Maybe it's time for an upgrade, but I sure do love my UCX. I've ordered a USB to midi cable to make up for the lost pair.

Anyway, I don't expect anyone can really help me get it working again, but I felt a post couldn't hurt.

I want to be sure to say thank you for my wonderful interface. I do love it very much.

Re: UCX Midi input

Is there any sense to trying to get my ucx repaired? I live in the USA.

I'm not sure if it is an option.

Sure it can be repaired. Contact Synthax US, they might also be able to estimate the repair cost before performing it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by gswitz 2019-02-09 05:45:09)

Thanks Matthias. While it is loose, it turns out not to be broken.

For years i have used it with cakewalk. They made a software change that caused it not to work.

Trying to fix it,
I rolled back rme drivers
I bought a Roland um one
I bought a new rme breakout cable

Now i know it is the current version of cakewalk that caused the issue. It works fine with mixbus 32c.

It even works with an old version of cakewalk i still have installed.

I almost bought a new ufx I missed it so badly!

Today is a happy day. Thanks!!