Topic: Auto Ref Level

I have the ADI-2 DAC and I have a short question.
When I enable the loudnes function, is it possible to enable the auto ref level at the same time or does it interfere with the low vol ref?
Regards

2 (edited by jiw 2019-02-22 17:02:39)

Re: Auto Ref Level

It is possible to have both Loudness and AutoRef enabled simultaneously. In fact, RME recommend this in the manual at the end of section 8.5 on p. 14.

Manual: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/adi2dac_e.pdf

Thanks. I was reading the manual, but I didn´t find anything about it. I missed it obviously.

I read my printed version of the manual. I just saw there is a text section about this added in the online version which is not in my printed version.

The online handbook gets of course updates and additions as well .. and if you search for something, then it's better to use the online version.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by Curt962 2019-02-22 19:20:28)

Par,

Both the Auto-Ref, and Loudness functions on your DAC are Sensational, so by all means use them!

For a bit more light reading, here is a Paper outlining the Science behind the Fletcher-Munson / Equal Loudness Curve.  Enjoy!

https://ledgernote.com/columns/mixing-m … son-curve/

So...when You enable the Loudness Feature, you can be happy knowing that you have more than 80yrs of Research validating your actions. smile

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Curt962 wrote:

Par,

Both the Auto-Ref, and Loudness functions on your DAC are Sensational, so by all means use them!

Yes. It is a great function.

Thanks Par,

Perhaps you've noticed that with Auto-Ref , the Silence of the ADI-2 can be Deafening. smile

That alone, especially when combined with a well-treated Room makes Playback a Treat!  Something to be looked forward to each day, and enjoyed.

The Music sounds more Articulate, and Dynamic because it IS.

Enjoy!

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes