Topic: baby face pro bypass usb

so i recently purchased a rme aio pcie soundcard the thing is i dont have a mic preamp to get started on recording.. so i was searching online for a mic preamp and i found a seller thats selling a used rme babyface pro for exactly my price range.. but i was wondering if i can use the babyface pro to act as a standalone mic preamp bypassing the baby face pro usb connection and going straight into my rme aio pcie card and if so what connections can i use to do so?

Re: baby face pro bypass usb

Yes you can. Mic into babyface, adat out of babyface into adat in AIO. The babyface does need to be set up via usb for this and it might be easier to keep ot connected through usb for this purpose. But AFAIK it does work without once set up.

If the analogue ins of your AIO are not used, it is easier and can be cheaper to use a stand alone mic preamp or very small mixer.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Re: baby face pro bypass usb

thanks for the reply ..but i just got a linux e44 pcie card instead and i bought a mic (preamp avalon m5) my question is can the baby face pro be used as a stand alone monitor controller to control my krk monitors and headphones? this is how i was thinking of seting up:

microphone into avalon...avalon into e44 pcie card then outs of the pcie card to babface pro