1 (edited by Svein Egil 2019-03-22 12:20:29)

Topic: New Multiface for Thunderbolt/USB..?

Dear RME!

Is there any plans for making a new kind of "Multiface" interface for Thunderbolt/USB protocol with 8 balanced output jack, NOT 6 plus 7/8 at the headphone jack, but 8 equal balanced outputs AND half 19 inch with, just like the Multiface.

Best regards,
Svein Egil.

Re: New Multiface for Thunderbolt/USB..?

...that’s REALLY on my number one wish list!!

Best regards,
Svein Egil

I think the following specs would be cool:

Front:
    2 x Mic Inputs (Mic/Line/Instr)
    1 x Phones Output
    LCD Display with Encoder (for Gain, Vol of Main Out and Phones, to select stand-alone profiles)
    Power Switch (On/Off) to save a little space on the back
Back:
    8 x Analog I/O (192 kHz), -10/+4/High Gain
    1 x ADAT I/O (192 kHz S/MUX)
    1 x Wordclock I/O
    Breakout Cable 1:
       1 x AES             (192 kHz)
       1 x SPDIF coax (192 kHz)
    Breakout Cable 2:
       1 x MIDI I/O (breakout cable)
    USB2.0
Features that would be great:
    TotalMix FX with FX chip
    6 Standalone Presets
    AutoSet

IMHO Thunderbolt is not required for such a small Unit, the space for this communication port could better be used to be able to mount breakout cables, so that all can still fit to such a small unit.

Mic/Instr inputs I would be defintively missing from a recording interface.
But then pls, as you demand, 8 analog in/out of the back to be able to have enough for ext. mixer or outboard equipment.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

IMHO Thunderbolt is not required for such a small Unit, the space for this communication port could better be used to be able to mount breakout cables, so that all can still fit to such a small unit.

I agree with you regarding the mic inputs on front, but I disagree a little bit regarding the Thunderbolt...

The advantage of Thunderbolt over FireWire / USB is that Thunderbolt is assigned greater bandwidth, speed and more direct access to the CPU. This will in practice say that the cpu works easier even with a lower buffer setting. which means both lower latency and higher stability.
And that’s two very important things in my opinion. :-)

Best regards,
Svein Egil