1 (edited by tsanibaytchev 2019-01-16 02:05:15)

Topic: FX out not working at all

Hi there,
I just bought a brand new babyface pro, but can’t make it to work with reverb and echo. I do everything as supposed to. I read and watched alot of material on the net, but whatever I do the led indicators of FX out are not moving at all. Only the FX in are indicating activity. Tha FX send and return are full up in case you are wondering and I am on a macbook pro late 2013.
Also Firmware is v101 and driver is v3.14
Thank you in advance for any advises,

Re: FX out not working at all

Your Mac OS X version? If it's a later one:

System Preferences, Security & Privacy, tab Privacy - allow access to the Microphone for TotalMix FX.

Background: Any recording app must be manually allowed to have 'access to the microphone', not because it accesses the microphone, but because it includes a record function. With the Babyface Pro, Reverb and Echo are rendered on the Mac in the TotalMix FX app and sent back to the BF Pro. Two additional, otherwise unused audio channels are used for that. The two 'record' channels, the way from hardware into the TotalMix FX app, is causing this strange request.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Amazing!, Thank you very much! I would have never guessed it!

It solved the problem. Thank you!

Hi,

I'm on a PC (Win10), latest drivers/firmware and I have the same problem: sounds going into the Rever/Dly but not coming out. The FX meter is not registering any % DSP load. EQ/DYN not working as well.

Totalmix->Help->Device Info is telling me SW Version 0, Active Nodes 334 of 4096, Error Number 0, Diagnostic Results 0,0

Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Herwig

Which device is this? This could be a hardware issue and require service.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

And did you try the same mic trick under Windows as explained above?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

RME Support]Which device is this? This could be a hardware issue and require service.

HDSPe MADIFx SN=23613622, Revision=91

MC wrote:

I can't seem to find the dialog box you're mentioning:
"System Preferences, Security & Privacy, tab Privacy - allow access to the Microphone for TotalMix FX."

In Windows10 there's a ControlPanel->Privacy->Microphone page but no TotalMix to be seen there.

You think I need to turn it in for servicing? Anything to check for sure that the FX section is broken? I hate to lose my interface for weeks hmm

TIA,
Herwig

Can you test the card in another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi, have the same problem with madiface pro on win 7, on other pc it works, could you help - how to solve this problem?

What is 'other PC', and what exactly is the problem under W7?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

deadpoet wrote:

RME Support]Which device is this? This could be a hardware issue and require service.

HDSPe MADIFx SN=23613622, Revision=91

MC wrote:

I can't seem to find the dialog box you're mentioning:
"System Preferences, Security & Privacy, tab Privacy - allow access to the Microphone for TotalMix FX."

In Windows10 there's a ControlPanel->Privacy->Microphone page but no TotalMix to be seen there.

Exactly that.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

MC wrote:

What is 'other PC', and what exactly is the problem under W7?

other PC - is the laptop on work with the same OS - windows 7
the problem is: no signal on fx out (on fx in -it comes)

Are you sure you have the same TotalMix FX version on both computers? Current version is 1.6.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Are you sure you have the same TotalMix FX version on both computers? Current version is 1.6.

yes, just updated couple days ago
if the problem in allowing acess to mic - how to do it in win7?
could you give instructions?

There is no such option (or problem) in Windows 7...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Then what could be the possible reason that fx not working?

sidius87 wrote:
MC wrote:

Then what could be the possible reason that fx not working?

Oh, just reinstalled the driver and the problem is gone...phewww...

I have the exact same problem on two separate systems:

Apple Mac mini M1 running macos Big Sur with Babyface Pro. Totalmix has permission to use microphone but still no output on fx out. Haven't tried reinstalling the driver yet.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (corresponds to build 1809 of windows 10) with Fireface UFX (USB connection, newest firmware and drivers). Totalmix is not available as an option in microphone permissions settings. Reinstalling the driver did not work. I recall using this successfully with an older version of Windows 10, possibly LTSC 2016 (build 1607) but it's not working anymore.

Help would be appreciated, but I guess RME needs to be able to reproduce this first.

anvilmusic wrote:

I have the exact same problem on two separate systems:

Apple Mac mini M1 running macos Big Sur with Babyface Pro. Totalmix has permission to use microphone but still no output on fx out. Haven't tried reinstalling the driver yet.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (corresponds to build 1809 of windows 10) with Fireface UFX (USB connection, newest firmware and drivers). Totalmix is not available as an option in microphone permissions settings. Reinstalling the driver did not work. I recall using this successfully with an older version of Windows 10, possibly LTSC 2016 (build 1607) but it's not working anymore.

Help would be appreciated, but I guess RME needs to be able to reproduce this first.

There seems to be some confusion. With an UFX there is no mic allow issue as it is not needed at all. If the FX Out is gone that might be the old UFX itself, defective RAM or DSP.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME