Topic: Chances of DSP effects on the AIO?

Hi RME,

I know this is wishful thinking but:
What are the chances of seeing a simple eq, compressor and reverb for the AIO? (or all HDSP cards for that matter).
Would come in really hand for zero latency recording so the talent can have a separate monitor setup with his/hers preferred setting without the hassle of inserting outboards.

Thanks,
Jens

2 (edited by lewis71980 2010-01-12 21:24:43)

Re: Chances of DSP effects on the AIO?

The only card I have seen that has it integrated  is http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/ … /index.asp . Which is MADI. So should work with RME's MADI converters. I haven't personally used it.

Sorry if I'm taking this old thread, but I have the same exact problem of the OP: in my DAW I've got this card only, connected to a passive monitor controller.

Mic input is direct from the preamp to the analog input of the card.
During tracking I activate the "direct monitoring" function in Cubase 9.5: works fine but I obviously cannot put any effect (a little reverb would be enough) in monitoring for the singer.

What could be the easiest way to activate some FX in monitoring of specific tracks using the "direct monitoring" function in Cubase? Any chance I can do this in Totalmix?

Thanks,
Pietro

Sorry, no. And Direct Monitoring is without effets. You'd need to use Software Monitoring in Cubase.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Sorry, no. And Direct Monitoring is without effets. You'd need to use Software Monitoring in Cubase.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for your answer. Sadly, even with very little latency, software monitoring have a slight delay that causes a weird flanging effect for the singer.

I really hope RME will implement some simple software-based FX in TotalMIX to be used in Direct Monitoring, this would be a great help for home studio AIO users.

Regards,
Pietro

Obviously a 'software-based FX' in TM FX would have the same latency as the FX in your DAW. TM FX would need to use ASIO to send data to the computer's CPU back and forth. So that doesn't make sense at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your answer. On the Gearslutz forum I've been suggested to route the signal so that I can hear
- direct monitoring (dry), plus
- only reverb (generated in Cubase, of course with latency but it wouldn't be a problem as it's just the wet signal)

Any clue on how to do this in Cubase 9.5?

How to route signals inside of a DAW is not a RME specific topic. I would search on YouTube or ask on Steinberg forum.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13