1 (edited by hced 2019-04-07 12:56:42)

Topic: HDSPe AIO installation questions

My motherboard is Asus ROG Maximus X Formula on which I have only installed a GTX 1080 graphics card and a m.2 drive, not seen in the photo.

Question 1: Is the HDSPe AIO compatible with this motherboard?

Question 2: Is it really meant to be installed upside down? (See my screenshot)

https://i.imgur.com/UbK7XQw.jpg

Re: HDSPe AIO installation questions

1- should be, why not ?
2- which screenshot ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

1- should be, why not ?
2- which screenshot ?

Sorry for that. Realized I forgot screenshot after posting. smile

4 (edited by ramses 2019-04-07 01:32:11)

Where is the problem to insert this card into it's PCIe socket ?
Simply insert the card with it's PCIe plug into the PCIe socket of the mainboard.
This is not rocket science.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by hced 2019-04-07 01:41:16)

Right, I forgot to explain where I'm coming from in this particular case. Thing is, for me to shell out this kind of money for a decent audio interface, I'd like to make 100% sure that it's really going to work with my current setup. What makes me confused is the fact that it seems like it's going to be put in a position where the components and everything that you can see on top of the image (upper right on the screenshot), gets upside down when installing it...

So why isn't the HDSPe AIO depicted upside down on the product's webpage? smile It might be just me, but that makes me hesitant whether it's going to fit and I'm just a bit confused. Thus, confused feelings must go away before purchase.

Look at the product picture on the webpage:
http://www.rme-audio.de/images/products … aio_1b.jpg

From the top of the card towards the PCIe connector
- 9 pin socket
- 2x ADAT
- 15 pin socket

All I want to confirm is that it's actually supposed to be sitting 'upside down'? With upside down I mean: capacitors, chipset and whatnot of the sound card, will actually point downwards, facing the bottom of the case once mounted? That seems the only way possible as you have to flip it around to be able to connect it in the 1X slot. (Which causes some confusion, I must say, as no product image of the AIO is ever turned the "right" way (upside down)... Am I making any sense whatsoever here? smile

Even though I've built this PC on my own, my knowledge about PCI(e) is still utterly rubbish. Not trying to goof around.

Believe me, there is really only 1 way that makes sense to insert a PCIe card into an PCIe Slot,
so that the card fits into the PCIe slot and that you can fasten it with a screw.

Turn it around and around, there is only 1 way that makes sense (no matter what might confuse you in any diagram).

"Upside down" is relative, in some cases cards sit horizontal (Tower), in other cases vertical (Rack).

Whether maybe the 9- or 25-pin connectors in the diagram are flipped 180° or not is completely irrelevant.
It is like it is, you simply need to insert the PCIe card into PCIe slots.

If you are not familiar with this concept, please ask a PC technician if this all still makes no sense to you.