Topic: Adi 2 Pro fs on AMD systems

Hi, I would like to know if I can expect the same performance of the Pro fs with AMD CPUs that I would with Intel, because under system requirements on the rme website it seems that intel processors are recommended, since there is no mention of AMD processors as a system requirement. I have experienced problems with Asio drivers with an entry level audio interface I have. It simply does not work with Ableton Live when I choose this audio interface (Zoom U22) with Asio, but works fine with MME, which has high latency what makes it impossible to record vocals.

Regards,
Marcos

Re: Adi 2 Pro fs on AMD systems

The CPU as such (Intel vs. AMD) makes no difference, there is no specific preference for Intel as far as drivers or hardware are concerned.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Still it is our long-.time experience that AMD CPUs use special AMD chipsets, which too often suffer from screwed up USB performance and compatibility. The Zoom interface failing on that system is a warning sign in this case.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by marcos150591 2019-04-15 16:00:35)

MC wrote:

Still it is our long-.time experience that AMD CPUs use special AMD chipsets, which too often suffer from screwed up USB performance and compatibility. The Zoom interface failing on that system is a warning sign in this case.

So, can we say that the RME products will work perfectly with my AMD threaripper cpu? Or should I consider pcie audio cards?