Topic: ARC USB VOL PH1 behavior changed since TotalMix 1.6

Am I the only one who has this?

Since I updated TotalMix from 1.5 to 1.6 the button VOL PH1 has to hold pushed while turning the encoder wheel. It's not toggling between on and of any more every time I push it.

The button VOL PH2 works like normal.

I'm using the ARC USB together with an Multiface II connected to a USB port of my workstation.

Thank you for hints!

Re: ARC USB VOL PH1 behavior changed since TotalMix 1.6

> Multiface II connected to a USB port

Definitely not.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

sure :-D

It is actually I'm using a Multiface II and the ARC is connected to an USB port of my workstation. Just to tell that the ARC is not connected to any interface directly.

Did you check the button's properties? Toggle, Enable, Disable etc.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes I did.

In 'ARC & Key Command Settings' > 'ARC USB Settings' under Key 10 'Volume Phones 1' is selected - therefore only 'Encoder' is available.

This is the default setting. Before the the problem occurred I never touched it. Key 11 has exactly the same setting only this one is set for 'Volume Phones 2'.

The funny thing is that what ever function I select for key 10 this function gets this behavior - even together with the original button: When I for example select 'Mono' for key 10 and I push it, key 10 flashes only while pushing it and key 9 - the default mono button does it simultaneously also.

But when I than push key 9 for 'Mono' it works like normal and also key 10 stays lucent.

We cannot reproduce this error, but there might be a reason for it to show up. Please go into ARC USB Settings  and select Encoder (the already selected and only option) with a mouse click, then hit Ok. This would reset a wrong setting that is active under the hood.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No feedback so far...

Meanwhile we have a beta version that makes sure that when updating from an older TM FX the setting 'Encoder'
is definitely active.

TotalMix FX 1.61. Beta 1:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tmfx_win_161b1.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME