Topic: TotalMix Remote Group Fader bug?

We are setting up for a live tv broadcast this week and intended to dispense with a large format mixer in favour of a MADI setup controlled by totalmix for iPad. I'm currently testing the software without a MADIface and was disappointed to discover the Groups fader function doesn't seem to work on Totalmix Remote. Mute and solo are fine but the fader function isn't. The mix entails 40+ channels of orchestra & choir.

We are running 1.16 on an iPad Pro on iOS 12.2. I note that fader groups and the temporary f-button work fine in TotalMix fx but not on Remote. Later we will try setting up a fader group in the OS X version of Remote and then control it on the iPad in case this is a workaround.

Our only other option is to do the broadcast on OS X using a trackpad which is not ideal, or plug the MADIface xt straight into the iPad (if it works in class compliant mode?) but then we can't record more than 22 channels!

Some advice or even a bug fix before the dress rehearsal on Friday would be amazing if at all possible...

Incidentally is it not possible to control more than 4 groups of faders on TotalMix fx?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Re: TotalMix Remote Group Fader bug?

You mean the temporary fader group? What exactly is not working with that one? And what interface do you have connected now?

Edit: just checked, Fader Groups and Temp Fader group work perfectly on the Remote.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You mean the temporary fader group? What exactly is not working with that one? And what interface do you have connected now?

Edit: just checked, Fader Groups and Temp Fader group work perfectly on the Remote.

Thanks MC. I can assign faders to both Fader Groups and Temp Fader groups (ie they light up different colours), but when I move one of the faders the others don’t move.

It only does this on iOS Remote. iOS TotalMix works well.

I haven’t checked OS X Remote. Which one did you test?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

iOS remote 1.16, and all faders moved. TM FX 1.6 was on the Mac. Such a bug would be highly unlikely, as the very first thing we always do is group and move tons of faders to evaluate the network performance and latency.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME