Topic: TotalMix and MacOS volume

Hello friends,

couple days ago I was testing my old good Babyface again and noticed it's actually possible to use MacOS volume keys to control TotalMix main output volume (I can see the Main Out fader moving in TotalMix),
right now I'm checking TotalMix with my HDSPe AIO and the MacOS volume seems to be entirely greyed out;

any idea if it's a bug or feature? strange it behaves differently for some reason?

I think it's pretty cool to control TotalMix main out with function keys on wireless keyboard, it's really handy as basic remote controller actually!

HDSPe AIO, ADI-2 DAC, Fireface UFX, Octamic D, Octamic II
Reaper, High Sierra

Re: TotalMix and MacOS volume

Others hate it. This function has been added only to a few, smaller USB interfaces.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It's definitely a great and very helpful feature.
But actually it only works on Babyface, Babyface Pro, MADIface Pro and Fireface 400.
I hope we will have this feature on more RME interface in the near futur ;-)

Bertrand Allaume

Sorry, won't come.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hmm okay, no problem smile

I guess ability to use F* keys to increase/decrease main out volume within TotalMix FX isn't coming either?

Reaper, High Sierra

ARC USB is no solution for you ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I do have ARC USB though prefer to use old Presonus Faderport mapped as Main Out controller for TotalMix with help of Bome Midi;
neither of those solutions is wireless though;
I will probably try mapping Seaboard as volume controller as it offers midi over bluetooth, but that will require some filtering so TotalMix would ignore all the notes and additional CC/PC;
I like to experiment with functionality hooks a lot big_smile

Reaper, High Sierra

TotalMix now uses SysEx if you update the ARC USB firmware...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME