Topic: Select Submixes in the Control Room Section through MIDI or shortcut

Hey,

in the bottom right corner of my Totalmix (Control Room) I have three submixes: Main, Phones 1 and Phones 2.
Instead of clicking on them, I want to be able to switch between these three submixes quickly by pressing a button on my MIDI controller or alternatively pressing a shortcut on the keyboard.
I researched a lot about the MIDI controls and found a list that said that MIDI Channel 13, note 104 should select submix AN1  and channel 13, note 112 submix PH9.  So I assigned these values on my midi controller but nothing in Totalmix changed when pressing the respective buttons.

Is it possible to access the submixes in any way by shortcut or MIDI?

Re: Select Submixes in the Control Room Section through MIDI or shortcut

Could you eventually save three different snapshots and switch between the snapshots?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Your interface's manual includes a chapter 'MIDI Control' which gives details about these assignments. Channel 13 is not listed there. Start with channel 1 to get the first input fader working....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ramses wrote:

Could you eventually save three different snapshots and switch between the snapshots?

No unfortunately the snapshots don't save the submix you had selected when you took the snapshot. Workspaces save the submix selection, but I can't access workspaces by shortcut.

BUT I found the solution for my problem - it was indeed channel 13, but not note 104 / 112, but CC 104 / 112. I guess I was getting confused by other useful functions triggered by different midi note values.

This is actually a great chart for all people having this problem in the future: http://rmouneyres.free.fr/puredata/MIDI … talMix.pdf

Hmm. .. strange. Do we talk about the same?
I do not mean save to a snapshot file, but the snapshots 1..8 see right side of TM FX.

I did exactly that with my UFX+ ..
Snapshot 1: to main monitor
Snapshot 2: to monitor B
Snapshot 3: to HiFi via ADAT

In the snapshot you also store the assignment what is main monitor, monitor b, etc

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yeah I'm talking about the same snapshots, but maybe we are talking about different submixes big_smile
I meant the faders in the bottom right corner (control room). I want to control the volume of the different software playback faders for the Main speakers, then switch to Phones 1 to control the volume of the software playback there etc.

You could perhaps keep the same routing only choose a different hw output as main output. And in preferences you coul configure not to change the volume when loading a snapshot 1..8.