Topic: MADIface Pro and talkback

Is there a clever way to have a talkback solution just with the MADIface Pro and a mic connected to it?

Re: MADIface Pro and talkback

Yes, via TotalMix FX.  We use a gooseneck mic in one of the analogue inputs and then assign the Dim switch to talkback (or use the ARC USB which has nicer buttons to touch!).

You need to assign the mic itself to talkback in Settings, and ensure your output channel is set to receive talkback in the bottom row of Totalmix...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Thanks, that's exactly the piece of information I was looking for!

Ulrich wrote:

Thanks, that's exactly the piece of information I was looking for!

Great! It works beautifully as a) no mechanical noise as with analogue talkback; b) you can EQ the mic to remove proximity effect; and c) the dim settings are all adjustable...

Eastwood Records

I'm trying to configure MADI Pro as a talkback unit (input 1) to Octamix XTC:s headphone outputs one or two via Totalmix.
I would like to use the DIM button on the MADI Pro as a switch on/off. Now I'm using the talkback button in the Totalmix software which
is a pain in the neck after 100 takes or more (classical music).
Where do I assign the Dim button? A missing link somewhere?

skatemate wrote:

I'm trying to configure MADI Pro as a talkback unit (input 1) to Octamix XTC:s headphone outputs one or two via Totalmix.
I would like to use the DIM button on the MADI Pro as a switch on/off. Now I'm using the talkback button in the Totalmix software which
is a pain in the neck after 100 takes or more (classical music).
Where do I assign the Dim button? A missing link somewhere?

In TotalMix > Options > ARC & Key Command Settings...

Enjoy!

Eastwood Records