1 (edited by lyftkran 2019-05-17 14:11:18)

Topic: Micstasy preamps broken?

Hi.
A month ago one of the preamps (nr3) stopped working. I get no sign of input at all. Today another one stopped working. I don't know if it is physically broken or if one of my students accidentally touched a setting he or she shouldn't.

Any idéas on how to troubleshoot the unit?

EDIT: OSC test seem to work. All 8 channels feed signal to Fireface and TotalMix.
No signal from Rear Mic Ins on channel 1 and 3.
No signal from Inst/Line (w/wo Hi Z) on channel 1 and 3.

hmm

Think it is on Firmware 2.1? At least it says F 2.1 on display @ power on.

Re: Micstasy preamps broken?

lyftkran wrote:

Hi.
A month ago one of the preamps (nr3) stopped working. I get no sign of input at all. Today another one stopped working. I don't know if it is physically broken or if one of my students accidentally touched a setting he or she shouldn't.

Any idéas on how to troubleshoot the unit?

EDIT: OSC test seem to work. All 8 channels feed signal to Fireface and TotalMix.
No signal from Rear Mic Ins on channel 1 and 3.
No signal from Inst/Line (w/wo Hi Z) on channel 1 and 3.

hmm

Think it is on Firmware 2.1? At least it says F 2.1 on display @ power on.

I would have said you've switched between front and rear inputs without realising it, which is easy to do via MIDI Remote but it seems you've tested that with and without Hi Z.

Do you see signal on the meter?  If so, have you comprehensively tested all the available outs (analogue and digital)?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Re: Micstasy preamps broken?

mjfe87 wrote:

I would have said you've switched between front and rear inputs without realising it, which is easy to do via MIDI Remote but it seems you've tested that with and without Hi Z.

Do you see signal on the meter?  If so, have you comprehensively tested all the available outs (analogue and digital)?

No meter. If I max out the gain I can se some activity (one green or so). Otherwise it only react randomly when I connect a cable to an input.