Topic: Netflix Windows 10 App

Ever since I started using the ADI-2 DAC, I get the following error in the Netflix app for Windows 10 when I try to play something: U7361-1254-8889000F.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Re: Netflix Windows 10 App

I figured it out. You have to set your sampling rate in MADIface to 41000 Hz.

44100 Hz. And even that is not necessary if you remove the whole RME driver (unless you specifically need ASIO).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

44100 Hz. And even that is not necessary if you remove the whole RME driver (unless you specifically need ASIO).

But doesn't the ADI-2 DAC need the RME driver (MADIface) to function?

Sigh...

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27280

Not to mention the manual which also explains this:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/adi2dac_e.pdf

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

bitfidelity wrote:
MC wrote:

But doesn't the ADI-2 DAC need the RME driver (MADIface) to function?

Handbook chapter 20...

20. Driver Installation
Since FPGA firmware 17 the ADI-2 DAC is fully compatible to Windows 10 (1709 or newer).
The unit is automatically recognized when connected to the computer. WDM and WASAPI, from
44.1 to 384 kHz, and DSD playback via DoP (needs to be set in the respective player software)
up until DSD256 will work directly, without any installed driver.
Installing the RME drivers adds ASIO (PCM, DSD DoP and DSD Native), and extends WDM up
to 768 kHz. The drivers are also required for firmware updates and DIGICheck. The following
notes and chapters are based on installed RME drivers!
[...]

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

7 (edited by bitfidelity 2019-05-21 17:45:19)

I'll admit that I didn't look at the manual when I got my unit, but I had issues that were immediately resolved by installing MADIface. Specifically, video playback was super choppy in MPC-BE. Maybe I just had to restart my system...