1 (edited by Kcampbell57255 2019-06-22 18:19:11)

Topic: No playback audio is going to my headphones

Im trying to record vocals through the adi 2 pro I have a mic pre amp out going into the input of adi 2 pro and it works fine but i cant monitor or hear the beat playback through my headphones and its plugged into the 3/4 port. Am i doing something wrong? Or is it the unit i jus bought?

2 (edited by Curt962 2019-06-23 12:29:20)

Re: No playback audio is going to my headphones

KC,

ADI-2 DAC user here.    Nevertheless, DO refer to your Pro Users Manual, Pg 48, Fig 21.5 for a detailed description of PH 3/4 operation.   There is a LOT going on in the Menus/Settings, and an inadvertent keystroke could result in "Silence"    A bit of review in the Manual will likely get you sorted out.

Pg. 23 Fig 12.3 Sheds further insights.   These settings can be viewed via the I/O menu of your Pro. 

Best,

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

And what excactly is the 'Beat Playback'? There is a source selector for outputs 3/4. That works even more efficiently with the unit set to Multichannel mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC,

I believe the OP is referring to a "Click", or some other Metronome sound to assist the Vocalist in remaining "In Time"   

Thanks for stopping by!   Happy Sonntag!

Curt

Thanks! curt962 and mc all i had to do was select source to the 3/4 output. I was trying to figure that out for like 3 hours lol

6 (edited by Curt962 2019-06-23 17:26:48)

Boo Ya!!!

Way to go KC!!! 

Nice Work, and thanks to You for letting us know!!     (I couldn't bear the thought of a New User being left in Silence, and thus did some research on a Unit I don't own)

Enjoy your new RME!!! 

Best Regards,

Curt

PS:  The User Manual is your Friend!  Do keep a link to the Website so that you always have the most Up to Date info!   It changes!!