Topic: MADIface Pro TotalMix not starting

I had some problems trying to run in my MADIFace Pro the TotalMix. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers of the MADIface Pro, also added in my firewall all permissions for TotalMixFX.exe in Windows\System32 and nothing it stays trying to run forever i. this message:

https://ibb.co/KhF2s5j

There are no errors just a progress bar with the message  “Searching for configured host connections”, and start that progress bar over and over again, never ends, never run TotalMix. I’m using Windows 10 in a Microsoft Surface Book 2.

What could be the problem? Or, how can I fix it?

Thank you

2 (edited by ramses 2019-06-30 17:17:00)

Re: MADIface Pro TotalMix not starting

From your screenshot I see that you are using the the default IP addresses from TotalMix Remote.
Its very much unlikely that they work for your LAN / setup or you must have reconfigured your LAN and all machines,
so that those default settings work ... much unlikely wink

Configuration Steps:

1. Enable TotalMix FX server on the machine where TM FX is running (TM FX: Options -> Network Remote Settings)
    Write down the IP address of this machine and the port number (default: 7009)

2. In TotalMix Remote enter the IP address and port number of the machine see point #1

Easiest is, if both machines
- are in the same LAN or
- have at least a router configured as default gateway (either static configuration or by DHCP) that is able to route between the two network segments

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ok. You mention where Total Mix is running. Until now I cannot make it work, after install it shows what you see in that photo. I never saw it running. Or is three any other Total Mix versión to download different of the picture I sent?

4 (edited by ramses 2019-06-30 17:34:22)

What you show in the screenshot is TotalMix FX Remote.
This is a product that you install on one or more remote PCs to be able to control TM FX via Remote.

What you say sounds as if you want to use the normal TotalMix FX only. This should start up automatically after installing the proper RME ASIO driver for your RME recording interface and connecting it to your PC.

What recording interface do you have ?
Which RME ASIO driver did you install ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

And before we waste more time here: it's all in the manual!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ramses wrote:

This is a product that you install on one or more remote PCs to be able to control TM FX via Remote.

What you say sounds as if you want to use the normal TotalMix FX only. This should start up automatically after installing the proper RME ASIO driver for your RME recording interface and connecting it to your PC.

Yes indeed I want to run the normal Total F. The recorder interfase is just the Madiface. I just installed this driver:

“Windows 7 to 10 PnP driver for MADIface XT/USB/Pro, Fireface UFX+ / UFX II, OctaMic XTC, ADI-2 Pro/AE/FS/DAC, Digiface USB. Version 0.9685”

Is missing something else?

MC wrote:

Well I never think that makes a question in educated for.m after buy a product of 900 US is a sin. Why the products are sold then? One time I asked a seller of Madi authorized and he told me enter the forums that are friendly. We are in modern times and as you, I also don’t have time but I don’t make pretentious of anything. I’m always courteous with my clients I never that kind of words, no matter if I win one dollar or 1 million for me all the people is equal and has value in my life. Maybe you know everything about, but I’m familiarizing or you never in your life made a question about something? If you do have to loss time then why you write that that costed you 5 seconds of your time and there are people who want to help. What is the si  or the bad, simply I don’t understand, I’m amazed of the attitude.

8 (edited by ramses 2019-07-02 07:42:36)

coerrace wrote:
ramses wrote:

Yes indeed I want to run the normal Total F. The recorder interfase is just the Madiface. I just installed this driver:

“Windows 7 to 10 PnP driver for MADIface XT/USB/Pro, Fireface UFX+ / UFX II, OctaMic XTC, ADI-2 Pro/AE/FS/DAC, Digiface USB. Version 0.9685”

Is missing something else?

I just looked, the MADIface Pro handbook contains indeed some very valid points that also need to be checked.
Please check page 12: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/mface_pro_e.pdf

An yes it is this driver: driver_madiface_win_09685.zip

After installation of this driver and a reboot of the system
- ASIO driver should be installed
- TotalMix FX will appear (if all the prerequisites are met that are mentioned in the handbook)

Got the right power supply, have a working USB cable, ensured that the device is not in CC (Class Compliant Mode)
and still not working ? Then try all USB2 and USB3 ports preferrably those coming from chipset (Intel/AMD) and not from 3rd party USB controller.

9 (edited by ramses 2019-07-02 07:48:57)

coerrace wrote:
MC wrote:

Well I never think that makes a question in educated for.m after buy a product of 900 US is a sin. Why the products are sold then? One time I asked a seller of Madi authorized and he told me enter the forums that are friendly. We are in modern times and as you, I also don’t have time but I don’t make pretentious of anything. I’m always courteous with my clients I never that kind of words, no matter if I win one dollar or 1 million for me all the people is equal and has value in my life. Maybe you know everything about, but I’m familiarizing or you never in your life made a question about something? If you do have to loss time then why you write that that costed you 5 seconds of your time and there are people who want to help. What is the si  or the bad, simply I don’t understand, I’m amazed of the attitude.

RME writes very detailed manuals containing very valuable information, which is very rare these days.

The most important information for a good start are at the beginning if you check the table of contents, so nobody is forced to read the whole manual at once.

You would have saved a lot of time for yourself to check the manual chapter about driver installation under windows.
Then you would have picked the proper driver from the beginning and would know what to look for if things do not work properly.

ramses wrote:
coerrace wrote:
MC wrote:

RME writes very detailed manuals containing very valuable information, which is very rare these days.

The most important information for a good start are at the beginning if you check the table of contents, so nobody is forced to read the whole manual at once.

You would have saved a lot of time for yourself to check the manual chapter about driver installation under windows.
Then you would have picked the proper driver from the beginning and would know what to look for if things do not work properly.

I detected the problem. The problem was not the driver. The reason it didn’t worked is because there were conflicts with something a focusrite audio interface left. I removed everything of focusrite and ran.

Thank you anyway

Nice to hear and enjoy your interface.

If you need a little help in terms of TM FX and routing, then these two resources could be interesting for you from my blog:

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ndruck-DE/

ramses wrote:

Nice to hear and enjoy your interface.

If you need a little help in terms of TM FX and routing, then these two resources could be interesting for you from my blog:

Thank you. For what I see is very small and is more stable in Nuendo, Pro Tools and Sibelius. I see more performance than the focusrite definitely and powered via USB is the plus. Really is a good interface the madiface pro.