Topic: Totalmix Fx as Live Mixer

Just few question...

I use an UCX on Live Dj Set, and I would like to get rid of my analogue Mixer and use only TOTALMIX FX as Mixer controlled from TotalMix Remote for iPad.

ON MY LIVE GIG I USE
2 Stereo channel from Algoriddim Djay Pro 2
1 Stereo channel from YouYube (I set the output from OSX preferences)
1 Stereo Channel from Positive Grid Bias Fx 2 (for my electric guitar)
1 Mono Channel from my Mic (directly into XLR Analog UCX input)
1 MacBookPro
1 iPad
1 UCX :-)

QUESTION 1
How can I have the Totalmix Fx EQ on the playback channels?
Really Essential for my Djay Pro playback channels...

QUESTION 2
Why do not introduce a Midi Learn feature in TotalMix, would be more flexible instead of the MackieControl standard.
For Example Novation Launch Control XL is a perfect Hardware for that, with a channel strip of 3 eq band, Volume Fader, Mute, Solo/Cue and Master Fader. That's enough for a Dj Set basic Live Mixer.
Totalmix Remote for iPad is great, but knob and sliders feeling could be more appreciated for some users, of course where  MackieControl is not enough.

RME absolute the best audio card I've ever had.

Re: Totalmix Fx as Live Mixer

1. That's quite easy in your case as you don't use the ADAT I/O. You can route 8 mono or 4 stereo channels to the ADAT output. Make sure these 8 are no longer routed to the used outputs (Main, Analog 1/2 etc). Connect an optical cable from in to out, clock set to Internal. Now all the 8 channels are available as input signal where you can use the TM FX PEQ. Then route them to the desired output, like Main or Analog 1/2 etc.

2. No time, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Totalmix Fx as Live Mixer

1/ wow, so obvious, so simple, that i never thought about this trick ! tx MC !!