1 (edited by bitfidelity 2019-06-30 00:44:53)

Topic: Windows "Configure" option not available with ASIO drivers?

Is the "Configure" button supposed to be grayed out when the ASIO drivers are installed? I seem to recall being able to switch between "small" and "large" speaker sizes.

https://i.imgur.com/C2yg3RC.png

2 (edited by ramses 2019-07-07 12:30:09)

Re: Windows "Configure" option not available with ASIO drivers?

Its normal.

I think this driver symbol refers to the ASIO driver.

An ASIO driver bypasses the Windows sound system, therefore such Windows Sound modifications are not accessible / possible.

With the quality of an ADI-2 DAC you don't want sound modifications by Windows anyway .. Your speaker will sound how they sound, fed by excellent D/A conversion quality of the ADI-2 DAC.

Did you ever think about that Microsoft also only EQ's the the signal to make the sound to appear "bigger" for small speakers ?

So if you need to "fatten" the sound maybe because you are listening at low levels ..
Why not using simply the key features of the ADI-2 DAC ? Thats what Dynamic Loudness and the PEQ are for.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

This configuration option is not enabled in our driver. I can't remember exactly, might be that it worked in some earlier driver - but it's not making sense. As a 2 channel device you can't have a third channel for a subwoofer, so Windows doesn't need to know if the front speakers are small or big. And it made no difference to the output signal as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, I must have been on the driverless mode at the time.