Topic: How to connect headphones AND monitor at the same time under USB mode?

After a lot of thinking I bought ADI-2 Pro at last cas I just don't need more than 2 inputs to work together and I already get a preamp.

But here is the problem:

I successfully changed ADI-2 to multi-mode, and in Cubase I route 1/2 to my monitor,3/4 to my headphone. Hope I can use both to compare the mixing results.

The headphone work perfectly, but there is no sound in the monitor.

Firstly, I thought the cable was wrong(I use TRS out/XLR in to connect my Adam Artist5),and ADI2 has TS out/XLR in.
Then I change XLR  out/ XLR in, still no sound.

My Question is:

Is anything wrong with my settings? Is this possible to run headphones and monitors simultaneously under USB multimode?

I notice my 1/2 Main output by default is always off and I can't switch it on! I think it is relevant but I just can‘t turn it on, no matter how I push the bigknob it didn't switch!

2 (edited by jaychoupp 2019-08-13 01:57:40)

Re: How to connect headphones AND monitor at the same time under USB mode?

Or is there a way that both headphones and monitors are routed to the same 1/2 or 3/4 out put? cas by this way I don't need to set 2 different stereo output and manually change them every time when I want to compare headphone mix and monitor mix

3 (edited by jaychoupp 2019-08-13 14:46:37)

I unplugged my headphones and Main-out 1/2 suddenly worked! The 'off' on the left corner is gone…The monitors are working…and then I re-plug my headphone into 3/4 on the front, the 'off' showed again……

But why?

I check the manual thousands of times, USB mode AC/DC source is 1/2,I manually set 3/4 as headphone output, aren't those two stereo output supposed to be  separate? Why I plug into 3/4 can turn off 1/2??

I'm so confused……

Here is my conditions now: I just found that Cubase can show 1/2's signal if routed correctly; the adi-2 analyzer can show Main-out 1/2‘s frequency spectrum, but both adi-2’s L/R have no signal and the left corner on the LED  is always showing 'off' when I plug headphones in 3/4...

http://chuantu.xyz/t6/702/1565706016x3030586988.jpg

maybe have a look at the mute settings in the Setup > Phones menu? I'm not sure about the defaults, but it's possible that the auto-mute function vs. phones is enabled ..

Rune Borup @ FishCorp
Producer / Engineer / Composer
RayDAT > 2 x ADI-8 QS | AES+SPDIF > ADI-2 Pro

Read the manual section 14.1.3

Device mode , Trs mute 1/2, 3/4

Thx GUYS!!!!!!
IT IS THE Solution!!!!