Topic: Global Record Features

Will Global Record ever sync to time code?
Will or does it have midi functionality?
Will it ever be integrated into Totalmix?

Re: Global Record Features

Three times no, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Will Global Record ever sync to time code?
Will or does it have midi functionality?
Will it ever be integrated into Totalmix?

Hey guys... Those things take investiment and colides with other software business. Not fair I think...

RME already gives the most advanced features on their sound cards for an afordable price, so don't you think that that is asking too much?

Cheers!

Fireface 400 + DIGI96/8 PAD. It's old but works.

Not really, I am asking one company for a complete package. I would happily pay more if it worked.

Digicheck does not intend to become a full-fledged DAW software. The Recording feature is a bit of a byproduct, and a way to record many tracks on slower systems without dropouts, but DC is still an analyzer tool mostly.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for making that clear Daniel.
I've always understood that Global Record was a brilliant but otherwise directionless byproduct and that Digicheck is a different beast than Totalmix. I do understand that Digicheck is a number cruncher that relies on audio drivers and that Totalmix is just a light interface to control the FPGA, I just get a bit frustrated at the potential of what these tools can do, but in a way can't. There is whole world of location recordists out there that would jump at the opportunity of having a soundcard that will record to both a DAW and as a back-up to Global Record. If global record can't chase SMPTE Time Code, this makes the feature a little less attractive. Also, one of the main problems with Totalmix and Digicheck as separate softwares is the lack of screen space to use them. Wouldn't it be possible to add small "R" buttons to Totalmix to take care of Global Record? One window - done.

Warrick wrote:

Also, one of the main problems with Totalmix and Digicheck as separate softwares is the lack of screen space to use them. Wouldn't it be possible to add small "R" buttons to Totalmix to take care of Global Record? One window - done.

oh, so true...

DC rules!