1 (edited by j123 2019-08-15 18:30:20)

Topic: Installation of updated USB Driver and updated TotalMix FX

Hi, I have done searches but cannot find an answer.

I currently have TotalMix FX Version 1.43 installed on my Windows 7 computer. I have everything configured the way I like it in TotalMix FX.  I have downloaded "driver_usb_win_1168.zip" but cannot find instructions on how to upgrade (or install) TotalMix FX to the latest version and NOT to lose all my settings.

If you can direct me to the installation guide I would appreciate it.

Also I don't understand what the new Remote feature is all about.  Can you also point me to the link that explains it please?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Installation of updated USB Driver and updated TotalMix FX

I don't expect you to loose any snapshots or workspaces, but you could easily save the folder where TM FX stores all its information. C:\Users\ User\AppData\Local\TotalMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

> I currently have TotalMix FX Version 1.43 installed on my Windows 7 computer. I have everything configured
> the way I like it in TotalMix FX.  I have downloaded "driver_usb_win_1168.zip" but cannot find instructions
> on how to upgrade (or install) TotalMix FX to the latest version and NOT to lose all my settings.
> If you can direct me to the installation guide I would appreciate it.

Save Snapshot As -> filename
Save Workpace As -> filename

2. Install the latest driver.
Along with the new driver you get the latest TM FX version.

3. Then, if necessary, load Snapshot and Workplace (the 2 files from step 1)

> Also I don't understand what the new Remote feature is all about. 
> Can you also point me to the link that explains it please?

You can control TM FX from a remote Windows PC connected via LAN or WLAN
The readme you find in the zip archive containing the remote software.
Simply unpack the ZIP file "tmfx_win_remote.zip".

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you both for this information! I can now beginning the process with confidence!
Have a good day.

MC wrote:

I don't expect you to loose any snapshots or workspaces, but you could easily save the folder where TM FX stores all its information. C:\Users\ User\AppData\Local\TotalMix FX.

One question Matthias, is it possible to test TM FX Remote on the local machine by using the loopback IP ?

Wasn't there a user who had some issues and you told him that TM FX Remote may no be installed on the machine where the normal TM FX instance is running ?

Do the two programs permaps overwrite their config files mutually ? Or are their other reasons why this is not possible ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I have TMFx remote running on a machine with TMfx installed, but it is a machine with a HDSP9632 local and controlling a remote hdsp9652. Works 100%, no issues.
It is a slave machine running fx software receiving audio from the master (hdsp9652) through adat and sending it back. It is nice to be able to control both from one machine.
Thanks RME!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

7 (edited by ramses 2019-08-16 09:18:19)

Many thanks.
Did you ever try to use TM FX and TM FX remote for the same recording interface ?

Not on the same computer, but as far as I can tell it is safe to try. Maybe that way you can have 2 mixers open for different devices??

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

That (TM FX plus Remote on same computer for local hardware) does not work. And you can easily open more windows in TM FX anyway.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME