Topic: Useful list if you're shopping for studio headphones

My old Sony MDR-7506s bit the dust (they were marketed as being indestructible, I guess not!), so I'm shopping for new studio headphones.

I'm sure we've all researched this at one time or another, so you know every forum is littered with "what headphones should I get" threads. The research was very time consuming to say the least. A site I found site did something pretty clever, they looked at reddit, gearslutz, and other forums and tallied up every time a headphone was mentioned, and made one big master list. You can see their Best Studio Headphones list here.

This helped me save a ton of time. Happy to say I just ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO-80s, which came in second place on that list.

Re: Useful list if you're shopping for studio headphones

remsleep wrote:

My old Sony MDR-7506s bit the dust (they were marketed as being indestructible, I guess not!), so I'm shopping for new studio headphones.

I'm sure we've all researched this at one time or another, so you know every forum is littered with "what headphones should I get" threads. The research was very time consuming to say the least. A site I found site did something pretty clever, they looked at reddit, gearslutz, and other forums and tallied up every time a headphone was mentioned, and made one big master list. You can see their Best Studio Headphones list here.

This helped me save a ton of time. Happy to say I just ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO-80s, which came in second place on that list.

Thanks for Sharing nice info.

When looking at Studio Monitors its clear that they offer the usual stuff / information.

You can also look here, comparison done by a mastering engineer from recording.de.
Its written in german though.

http://recording.de/Magazin/Testbericht … ml#article

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

When looking at Studio Monitors its clear that they offer the usual stuff / information.

You can also look here, comparison done by a mastering engineer from recording.de.
Its written in german though.

http://recording.de/Magazin/Testbericht … ml#article

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by jowandio 2019-08-17 03:11:14)

remsleep wrote:

Due to the comfort level I'd not go with DT-770. However did you try EX-29's? they worked out well for me but collapsed after a while.

Ops! I'm sorry didn't check the post of thread. Apologies xx.