Topic: Sound not centered when device connected via optical

I have RME ADI-2 DAC and when I connect it via USB cable to my HTPC in a living room, everything is working as it should. But when I use optical input, sound is louder from the left side. It's a larger difference so it's easy to hear and it's also visible on the display that left channel is louder and balance is centered, I checked. Could be problem with the optical cable?

Re: Sound not centered when device connected via optical

Which Firmware version do you use ? Look at the display when you turn the device on.

Which device is connected via optical input ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Firmware is v.29. HTPC has ASUS Maximus VI Impact motherboard with optical output so I go from this to ADI-2 DAC.

So audio uses then the internal soundcard of the mainboard for playback and the Windows Sound System (driver, mixer, ...) ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That's correct.

Then I would 1st check the settings of the Windows Driver and Windows Sound System whether there is something wrong, maybe a panning of L/R channel not center, etc.

The problem was onboard audio codec driver. I had latest from ASUS for this motherboard, then I tried latest from Realtek. It worked for me.