Topic: Deactivating a channel?

I don't really know the best way to explain this, but amidst recording and mixing with my ADI-PRO2 FS, I also occasionally stream, take calls over wifi, and do video messaging with facetime and google.

So what's the problem?

The ADI seems to always be recognized as a stereo device (I'm using OSX), and the problem with this is, these simple applications see the ADI as a communication device, but I always end up getting one channel of audio within a stereo spectrum.

Occasionally, if the software is advanced enough, you can collapse it down to mono -- but obviously applications like facetime or other web based applications are not this advanced, and only allow the selection of the device.

I've read the manual, and tried to make sense of what I can. So I'm just going to post here and ask, and maybe someone either understands what I'm asking and can tell me it's a limitation of the device, or maybe someone is in a similar boat and has found a solution.

Is there any way to deactivate channel two, or something of the sorts, so that the audio interface can be used in this manner? Since there is no 'mixer software' for the device, I get it, but really is a shame for something so simple to be such a monkey wrench in my day to day, I figured it was worth seeking a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Deactivating a channel?

Did I understand correctly ?

You are on MacOS X and hear mono audio streams with some applications only on either left or right channel?

In this case easy .. use the remap key feature and assign "Mono 1/2" or "Mono 3/4" to one of the four keys.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13