Topic: HDSP AIO Headphone Impedance

Hello,
I have RME HDSP AIO, in the specs i see it has Low impedance headphone output (30 ohm)
I'm about to purchase a sennheiser HD650 which has impedance of 300 ohm.
should i need an external headpone amplifier to have a good volume for mixing or i should be fine?

Thanks in Advance smile
Shay

Re: HDSP AIO Headphone Impedance

I would say try it out as it also depends on your personal listening habits.

The headphone amplifier you can still buy if you think you need one.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by catalyst 2019-08-19 09:00:12)

That's the plan for now smile
just wanted to save the headache of 2 separated orders as i have an option of headphones + amp bundle, which is more expensive. Does anyone have experience with a similar setup / ohm?

Then somebody would need to have the same combination of interface and phones. It's not the impedance alone, also the efficiency of the drivers in the phones impact the final listening volume.

BTW, which amplifier is bundled ? Take care that you can connect it to the AIO, best digital.
Otherwise you can't switch between phones and speakers in TM FX and when working with the DAW.

Best phones amplifier and also great for your monitors: RME ADI-2 Pro FS.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by vinark 2019-08-19 10:04:06)

On my hdsp9632 which is the same card but pci it is very loud with any headphones including hd600. The phones has 4 settings here. Off low mid and hi. Mid is more then enough. So I would gamble it will be fine for you.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Thanks all!
I've just used the HD 6XX headphones with my HDSP AIO and it works great,
i'm satisfied with the volume and I don't think I'll need an AMP.